Quantcast

Dh Bike

Aug 13, 2007
nh
hey im lookin for a good used dh bike for aroud like $800 - $1000 any suggestions on what to get? or if any one has a bike that they are lookin to get rid of and willing to ship if i dont like in their area?
thaks

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
pssst, classified section, its in the top left corner of the page between photos and reviews, right where it says "classifieds"

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Ive got a KHS 1500 frame/Manitou slider DC, and a set of wheels I will sell ya for 300 plus shipping if you like, rear shock has been swapped out to the RC instead of the baseline, Fork was recently rebuilt, nothing special of the wheels though, think there tioga wheels, not sure ther not infront of me. PM me if your interested

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
If your going to spend that much you can get a new dh bike unless your looking for top of the line.:monkeydance:
if you like huffy. you'll be able to get a used, but hopefully ok shape used bike in your price range. don't expect anything that is very lightly used, most new dh frames run for more than 2x what you want a complete bike for.

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
Actually a new ride isnt that hard to reach with just a bit more, given what i am gonna list isnt a DH specific bike, but this isnt the DH forum eitehr, so check this out, I run an 04 I know for a fact this is a quality bike

http://www.transitionbikes.com/2007/DirtBag_Pricing.cfm
umm...he's looking for a bike, not a frame...
the complete bike you just showed on that link is at least 2600...

that's way beyond "just a bit more"....

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
If your going to spend that much you can get a new dh bike unless your looking for top of the line.:monkeydance:
Your not going to find new that cheap, DH specific bikes are costly, even a blindside is going to be 1600 plus, KHS 2k Not even talking hi end, something thats worthy at all is going to be 1600 plus new, Maybe, just maybe, if you find someone who has something from a couple years back that just hasnt sold yet will you get it for a grand, but thats a hell of a reach, most will not drop below what they at least have invested in it.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
umm...he's looking for a bike, not a frame...
the complete bike you just showed on that link is at least 2600...

that's way beyond "just a bit more"....
If he is truly looking to keep his cost down, getting a fame and using your old parts is the only way new is going to happen at that price range