Quantcast

Dewey Beach freeride park

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
So some of you know that I went to the beach last week on vacation. Some of you were even there...

Needless to say, the level of freeride consciousness in Dewey Beach, DE was about as high as my ability to keep a full glass of beer in my hand last week. So Mark (AC Rider 1) and I decided to introduce the Delaware coast to the ways of double black diamond jibbing, veloschuss-extreming by beginning construction of the Dewey Beach freeride park with this sicktor beach gap...

As you can see, building materials were hard to come by but I can assure you that Mark's construction was top notch.

Here you get a better view of the run-up, which is still pretty rough. Being able to carry enough speed into the launch remains the biggest issue, seeing as how the run-up is...well...sand.

The landing still needs some work, especially after one of the first test riders cased the transition hard as you can clearly see...

Finally, here are some side views so you can all appreciate how big Dewey Beach is going...

I'll tell you where this stunt is for a case of Dogfish Head beer. :nuts:

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
mobius said:
lol you guys need to read or something.
Mobius, actually, he was reading [mountain biking magazines] on the beach and I said, "Why is Damien sitting there being a girl?!!" while Corey and I were intentionally trying to crack our ribs by getting smacked by waves.

Damien, your pics are priceless and refreshing. :)

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
lol... dude, that's some crazy huckster jibberish :thumb:

and you guys were making fun of me for playing my gameboy on the beach...