Quantcast

Designers unite... help my cause.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I've been up a very long time and my brain is starting not to work. Just finished laying out a large health catalog from scratch and I just have a few loose ends ti tie up. Problem is, my brain is tired and I am tired, Ive been concepting on the fly all night (this deadline is retarded).

Heres my problem. All the products are in 4 groups. Women, Men, Children, Elderly, and Athlete. Each group has a logo that goes with it and the products are marked with the little bastards. They are very simple... just silhouettes of a person doing something or looking a certain way. They were all easy but I left Elderly unfinished because... well, how the hell do you make an Icon for the elderly without being insulting. You cant put a person walking bent over with a cane. Anyway, help a dude out... can anyone think of anything, cat put a coffin, or a person standing over a grave... it needs to be respectful and obvious .

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Take a short ride if you can. At least go get some air and walk around not thinking about the project and don't look at your computer for at least an hour.

S.n.a.k.e.

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
N. Tonawanda, NY
A Depends diaper!! A set of dentures!! AARP Logo!!

Anything you do in the cane, shiny happy oldster department could be considered non PC. I suppose it depends on the client, and the demographic being advertised to...

I am partial to the 65+ icon or the Senior or something equally as bland.

Marc

Kihaji

Norman Einstein
Jan 18, 2004
All the products are in 4 groups. Women, Men, Children, Elderly, and Athlete.

Yes, you must be very tired. As for a logo, how about a reaper sickle, or a diagram of a person walking to school, uphill, in the rain, against the earths rotation.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
LOL! Some of those are damn funny... I already thought of 65+... and if all else fails I'll go with that. Problem is... it doesnt really "go" with the others. I actually sent it to the client without making the Senior logo... I just put "FPO" in a circle and stuck it in there.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Take a short ride if you can. At least go get some air and walk around not thinking about the project and don't look at your computer for at least an hour.
This morning a nap on the keyboard would have been more realistic than a ride. I settled for some coffee and some TV. I'm letting the client go over the proof without the logo. Bought me a good deal of much needed time away from that project.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Its near the end of the day and they havent gotten back to me about it which means I probably wont see it again till Monday, thank God. Though the deadline is so tight I may have to kill someone if they try to make too many changes.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Though the deadline is so tight I may have to kill someone if they try to make too many changes.
I know the feeling. I'm in the middle of designing 33 2007 calendars, and the freaking client is calling me with bs deadlines to go to press. They were due in October, but I got the last of the info & photos yesterday...

:banghead:

But tonight I drink! :monkeydance:

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Today was my last day as a graphic artist ... no more last minute projects ... no more people that think that their secretary knows more about design than I do ... no more time in PS taking out zits and stains on shirts ... no more so long suckas!