Quantcast

Denvermonkies, tell me about it.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Our Denver office might have an opening for me two years from now. (Yeah, weird job...things happen slowly...)

I know prices are through the roof, but where would be a good place to live out there? The office is in Greenwood Village. Kiddo would be in high school, and definitely put a priority on education. Cost of living out there would likely mean public school is the only viable option.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Our Denver office might have an opening for me two years from now. (Yeah, weird job...things happen slowly...)

I know prices are through the roof, but where would be a good place to live out there? The office is in Greenwood Village. Kiddo would be in high school, and definitely put a priority on education. Cost of living out there would likely mean public school is the only viable option.
Find a place in the Cherry Creek school district. Houses will be priced at a premium for that district, but it's the best around.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I have been informed the methheads will take everything I own no matter where I live.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
castle rock....home school....

bring the land cruiser with you....

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
You want to park under a garage roof anyway as we get hail now and then.

Cherry Creek school district is good. DPS has some good schools, too, but if the office is in Greenwood Village then yes, Cherry Creek it up.

The feel of each neighborhood can vary drastically so don't pick based off of random real estate websites. Drive around. Some places are car-centric desolate wastelands with no trees. Some are cozy feeling real neighborhoods. Some are snooty horse ranch neighborhoods that are too pricey anyway.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
The FJ62 didn't come in manual! (In the vast majority of markets...have heard of some rare 62s having the manual 4-spd, maybe diesels in certain markets?)

5spd upgrade is a popular mod and apparently regains like 40% of the HP to the wheels, but I haven't wanted to drop $5k and the time/effort to do it...

I will probably put a hidden and/or RFID kill switch in it tho.

Does it have a catalytic converter?
not at the moment...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

Denver is in Kansas. That is all.