Quantcast

Decline: Bike Park in SoCal/Valencia (Elizabeth Lake)?

cableguy

Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
Southern California
http://www.declinemagazine.com/Nucleus/COMMUNITY.php?itemid=4327

A Bike Park In SoCal? Heck, yes!

The RancheThe Ranch at Elizabeth Lake, just northeast of Valencia, California, is currently turning this landscape into a bike park, complete with downhill and cross-country trails, a pumptrack, slopestyle course, BMX track and skills zones. And that’s just the beginning…

Banquet/Bar
The banquet, bar and bike shop area.

Marketing Director, Shannon Decker, has big plans for the resort, which also houses hundreds of RV spaces, along with several cabins, a swimming pool, a golf course, banquet hall, a bar and two restaurants. He plans to move in a bike shop and general store to make the resort an all-encompassing destination. The resort facility and the surrounding landscape have a lot of potential to become a bicycle destination, catering to everything from downhillers to triathletes.

DH trail
The first of many trails is being cut right now. This trail will lead into the slopestyle/pumptrack zone and to the shuttle pick-up area.

Trail cutting started this week as will the landscaping of the BMX, pumptrack and slopestyle zones. Decker is already working with IMBA and other cycling organizations on trail design and park layout. However, he could use some help from knowledgeable mountain bikers to help route and cut trails, and help construct the pumptrack and slopestyle courses. If you’ve got experience and want to be a part of shaping this bike park then check in with Shannon Decker at ridetheranchbikepark@yahoo.com Anyone that wants to lend a hand is welcome and will gain special bike park privileges.

More trail
The trails will wind through wooded mountains with shuttle access to the top of the DH trails.

Boneyard
The area slated for the pumptrack and slopestyle zones is larger than a football field.

Last edited:

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Everybody local should get behind this 100%. If they already have the permits and legal stuff taken care of, it is in our best interests to make sure it takes off in a big way. Man-hours are what will take it over the top.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Everybody local should get behind this 100%. If they already have the permits and legal stuff taken care of, it is in our best interests to make sure it takes off in a big way. Man-hours are what will take it over the top.
wUrd. I'll even lend a hand if this is for real.

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
Whatever happened to EC's bike park at Vail Lake, Temecula?
They still have riding and racing out there, I am not sure in what capacity?

I know there is some type of membership in place as well as a day rate.... not sure what the plan is anymore though.

For me personally it was something i no longer could invest my time into.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
What's the deal with the Santa Clarita lift access park? Is that still happening? Supposedly the Whistler people were involved. Anyone know anything? If we could get TWO bike parks within 2 hours of SB, hmmmmmmm.

ucsbMTBmember

Monkey
Nov 20, 2009
indeed, i wouldnt mind putting in man hours in valencia for, "special privleges'. would be awesome to have a park.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Dope show! I'm all for this. Please post any scheduled 'build days', so I can make sure to help out.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
They still have riding and racing out there, I am not sure in what capacity?

I know there is some type of membership in place as well as a day rate.... not sure what the plan is anymore though.

For me personally it was something i no longer could invest my time into.
Fair enough, forgot to ask about it the last time I saw you.