Quantcast

Decent mtb rental in San Diego?

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
I'll be in San Diego for a conference Oct 16-20. I'm staying close to the convention center (Gas Lamp?) and would like to rent a hardtail to check out the local trails. Any recommendations?

Also, any trails you'd recommend within a SHORT drive of the convention center? I'm hoping to get by w/out renting a car. Just a decent XC trail is good enough for me, but I'll try anything. I'm a flatlander, but I'll push the bike uphill if it means a payoff.

THANKS!

(edited 'cuz tourists never say it right)

mealsonwheels

Monkey
Jan 16, 2003
San Diego
You are in a world of hurt if you want to find a nearby trail without renting a car. There are only some shady trails near downtown, but not worth your time as a visitor. PM me and I can try and give you more details or see if I can help you get to some better trails.

I'd try to search this board for a local shop that rents bikes. I think someone posted this question a while ago.

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
mealsonwheels said:
You are in a world of hurt if you want to find a nearby trail without renting a car. There are only some shady trails near downtown, but not worth your time as a visitor. PM me and I can try and give you more details or see if I can help you get to some better trails.

I'd try to search this board for a local shop that rents bikes. I think someone posted this question a while ago.
Thanks man. I've found a few shops that rent. I just didn't know if there might be 1 or 2 that are particularly good.

I'll send you a PM, but also put this out on the board: I'll have time to ride Monday evening (10/18) and anytime Tuesday (10/19). If anyone wants to play bikey tourguide, I'll pay in food & beer.

Edit: Hey mealsonwheels clear out your PM box.