Quantcast

Dear Cancer,

badphish

Monkey
Feb 28, 2008

I've been pretty fortunate that I never really knew you until a few years ago. You killed my uncle about 15 years ago, so I knew I didn't like you, but that was the extent of my experience with you. That has completely changed. Three and a half years ago you showed up in my dad's throat. He was a marathon runner, non-smoker, had an occasional beer, part of the 5% of people who get it that can't be explained. After a tough battle, my dad kicked your a$$ and everything pretty much went back to normal. Less than a year later you came after my wife, threatening the chance of us ever having children, and she kicked your a$$ too. But you couldn't just go away. You came back and destroyed my father-in-law. Fvck you for that, by the way. My son will never know his grandfather. Then earlier this year you came back for round two with my dad, in his chest this time, and got your a$$ kicked again. In the last couple of years you've also attacked some of my friends' families, in-law's families, co-worker's families, and neighbor's families. You basically show up every few months and affect someone I know. Some outcomes are good, some not so good. But you keep fvcking coming back. Now you've come back for round three with my dad. In his fvcking arm this time, really!? WTF!? He starts chemo next week and I fvcking hope he kicks your fvcking a$$ again.

Fvck. You.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I remember not having an experience like yours and hearing the statistics... Now my Grandma is gone from it, Mom is fighting it and my good friend's Dad is fighting it as well.
I hate it. I like your post.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
FVCK google too, btw... Just saw at the top of this page Eulogy speeches as an ad link, WTF!!?!?
Eugoogley, anyone?

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
More people need that attitude instead of fvcking putting pink on everything.

Fvck em all.

Fvck you cancer

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Wife got it about a year after we lost Alaina. We think it was grief/stress related, she had it removed, and she's been clean for about 6 years now.

Tell you Dad to kick this c's a$$. Thoughts are with you......

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Attacked my mom in law's brain. She kicked it's ass.

Fvck you cancer, fvck you in your stupid ass with no lube. I hope Badphish's dad kicks your ass again.

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
We just had a big brain cancer scare with one of my best friends. It turned out to be a misdiagnosis but it was worst feeling ever when I heard the news. Good vibes to your dad. He'll definitely kick cancer's dick in. Fvck cancer.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Go Dad go, whip its ass good this time. Cnacer got my Mum (A hard core smoker...) and the gal I grew up across the road fom (Non smoker who worked for POGO). **** that bitch up!

badphish

Monkey
Feb 28, 2008
Thanks for all the positive vibes everyone. Hopefully we'll have the same outcome as the two previous times. And hopefully his treatment will be a little "easier" to get through since he has an idea of what he's up against.

Droptopchevy

Monkey
Jan 1, 2009
Morrisville, PA
Sucks hearing about this. I have a long list of cancer in my family. Grandparents are all no longer around due to various forms of cancers. Both of my parents have had surgery for skin cancer several times. Personally I have only had surgery once. Sucks, but it's all part of life.

badphish

Monkey
Feb 28, 2008
Thanks Jacob.

A weird short but relevant story. My dad's best friend from childhood was John Lynch. He was basically like an uncle. The first friend I made after we moved here is John Lynch. I almost sh!t a brick when he first told me his name. I was talking to my friend John Lynch last night on my way home from out of town and learned his dad had passed away last week. He had lung cancer. Thirty minutes after I got off the phone with him my little brother called to tell me that my dad's friend John Lynch had just passed away. He also had lung cancer.

Fvck you cancer.