Quantcast

Dead Weight

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
Would you be willing to carry 250lbs of dead weight alone, 4blocks (quarter mile), cross traffic 2x, go up 2 flights of stairs, and down a hall way to save $200?

I guess I was and now my shoulder's not moving

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
Came across a plate glass mirror 10'x5'x3/8" next to a dumpster in an alley not too far from my apartment. With some trimming, it would look great on my wall in the kitchen. Didn't want anyone to beat me to it or some punk to break it, so I lugged it home. I would get 10-15 yards before I'd have to stop and rest.

I've carried 200/215lb people on my shoulders before and could go for a 1.0 - 1.5 miles before i'd have to rest but this was rediculous. whenenver a car would pass me, the mirror became a sail. got it home, it looks great, I thought it was worth it last night, but this morning.... not so sure

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
I've carried 200/215lb people on my shoulders before and could go for a 1.0 - 1.5 miles before i'd have to rest but this was rediculous. whenenver a car would pass me, the mirror became a sail. got it home, it looks great, I thought it was worth it last night, but this morning.... not so sure
wow...if you can carry a 200/215lb person for a mile w/out stopping than you are my new hero! heck, if you can carry that much for 1/4 mile you'll be my hero.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
I usually carry 5-8 gal of water in my ruck when I hike. Most hikes can get into the 5-10 mile range. Participated in a Ranger competition back in the day and carried my 185lb buddy almost 4 miles before we switched. To his credit, he carried me 5 miles before we switched again and crossed the finish line. I guess it's all about how you distribute the weight. but that mirror kicked my ass

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
after reading the first post i thought you killed a hooker and had to hide the body from her(his?) pimp.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
considering the neighborhood I live in... that could be a distinct possibility some day

google "el cajon blvd. san diego"... look for prostitutes

Came across a plate glass mirror 10'x5'x3/8" next to a dumpster in an alley not too far from my apartment. With some trimming, it would look great on my wall in the kitchen. Didn't want anyone to beat me to it or some punk to break it, so I lugged it home. I would get 10-15 yards before I'd have to stop and rest.

I almost got kited off a bridge once on a windy day when I was hoofing it carrying several 4 x 8' sheets of masonite.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland

Glad to hear you found a mirror your wife can see all of herself in