Quantcast

<>***<> Day after Tuesday and before Thursday<>***<>

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. All internal meetings today.

Largely spending the day prepping for the race. Went through changing the clutch and how to remount the engine with Haley last night. I don't expect her to do it, but if I mist to do it quickly, it will allow her to assist with getting me tools.

Wifey keeps planning things to do Friday and Saturday afternoons, despite me telling her that we don't know when practice will be done Friday or when the day will be over on Saturday. Saturday is the main race day - 3 of 4 races - but likely will not be over until after 4pm. Despite the goal of integrating a 4-day vacation into a 3-day sport's competition weekend with two 4.5 hour drives, I doubt it will be successful. And that Haley will be excluded from an entire day of activities Wifey and Hannah are doing (water park). Yay fun!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Did one of the longer rides around there. Took me 1:44 af non stop riding. Friend taking me to see the local team play champions league qualification game. It's what I call a full day for the unemployed.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Turns out that 15 years of work experience has taught me that work is not for me.

Cruising along on the basement project and gotta pick out a ceiling. Leaning towards something that's not a drop ceiling and dealing with the consequences if/when a problem arises.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Ate breakfast with a 90yr old retired Pan Am pilot. I love hanging out with old people.

In other news... signing docs to buy my bosses business today. This cant end well... or can it?

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Yep indeed, today is a day.

Kid fed the dogs as requested this AM, which is great. He fed them blueberry muffins, which is not so great. I guess I wasn’t specific as to what to feed them when I assigned him the task. Oops

Do a good job.
^That

Why do people hate Jury Duty so much? If I were to ever be on trial I’d sure as hell want a reasonable person such as myself on the jury.

Last time I had it it was for a murder, made the down select and was about to go to the court room for that part of the process and the guy copped a plea. Dude was 100% guilty as sin, but still, would have been interesting.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>
Why do people hate Jury Duty so much? If I were to ever be on trial I’d sure as hell want a reasonable person such as myself on the jury.
:stupid:

Last time I had it it was for a murder, made the down select and was about to go to the court room for that part of the process and the guy copped a plea. Dude was 100% guilty as sin, but still, would have been interesting.
Last time I made it to the selection phase it was a drug case. When I told the prosecuting attorney that I thought all drugs should, at a minimum, be decriminalized, they tossed me. :D

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
Last time I made it to the selection phase it was a drug case. When I told the prosecuting attorney that I thought all drugs should, at a minimum, be decriminalized, they tossed me. :D
Was in the courtroom selection part of another trial for drug possession and people started trying that line. The judge was absolutely not having it, started lighting people up and threatening them with contempt charges. Shit was hilarious

Turned out the judge was my former boss’s next door neighbor and I had beers with him a while later. Solid guy who just hates people trying to weasel out of jury duty.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Was in the courtroom selection part of another trial for drug possession and people started trying that line. The judge was absolutely not having it, started lighting people up and threatening them with contempt charges. Shit was hilarious

Turned out the judge was my former boss’s next door neighbor and I had beers with him a while later. Solid guy who just hates people trying to weasel out of jury duty.
what if I genuinely believe that drug laws are stupid and so are grown men in mumus making life or death decisions on people's lives?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
:wave:

WHADDYA SAY, BUCKO?
(that's my tribute to IRB)

Day off, so only working a little while :rolleyes: then going on a ride with the better half. After all of the rain these past few days trails should be primo.
Is this the "wifey said we should all get dinner" better half or a new better half? Because either way, fuck yeah! Or have you started referring to @6thElement as a your better half?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
what if I genuinely believe that drug laws are stupid and so are grown men in mumus making life or death decisions on people's lives?
but the fossil in the shapeless dress says you have to care about them

it takes a special kind of asshole to threaten contempt of court over that. Just because he drinks beer doesn't mean he's not part of a corrupt institution
They get pissed because Jury Nullification is a thing.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
but the fossil in the shapeless dress says you have to care about them

it takes a special kind of asshole to threaten contempt of court over that. Just because he drinks beer doesn't mean he's not part of a corrupt institution

Wouldn’t the move be to be on the jury then? Who are you fucking over by allowing the accused to be tried by a jury of retirees who still think “the pot” is a gateway drug?