Quantcast

dare or m1

Jan 13, 2005
Park City,Utah
well i figured you guys know whats up when it comes to what to ride. im not very fast but i like free riding and just messing around on jumps, ive ridden a small m1 but i was looking at a dare because i could get a deal. what do you think also and suggestions on other bikes?

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
ellisworth is known for pathetic customer service, I'd steer clear of the dare. Then again if you're looking for a used frame at least the dare is still in production, although parts may not be interchangeable from one year to the next, you might be able to get Tony to sell you a replacement swingarm or some other part if it breaks. The M1 on the other hand is going to be difficult if not impossible to find replacement parts for if something breaks.

Both bikes are supposed to ride really well, as long as you realize these bikes are somewhat fragile compared to other downhill bikes and ride them accordingly either should be fine. For jumping and freeride I'd really reccomend something else though.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Kornphlake said:
The M1 on the other hand is going to be difficult if not impossible to find replacement parts for if something breaks.
Intense is still making parts for M1's for now. You can get parts, it just takes a little while.

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
hooples3 said:
Id go with the dare.. that bike is sooooo smooth. when you ride it, it becomes a part of you.
I can understand an occasional accidental double post, but your two were 40 minutes apart. What's up with that?

I'd go with the m1. I've heard an awful lot of bad things about ellsworth(sp?)customer service.

Jan 18, 2005
Tiverton, RI
i'd definitely go with the m1 not because im selling one but because i absolutely love the bike its incredible just too bad i have nothing within riding distance or else i would keep mine