Quantcast

damn reverse threads

stringcheese

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Golden, CO
Bottom brackets turn in the same direction of backwards rotating wheels. aka the left cup is righty loosie and the right cup is lefty loosie. It's the opposite of pedals.

KonaDude

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Victoria, BC, Canada.
Originally posted by stringcheese
Bottom brackets turn in the same direction of backwards rotating wheels. aka the left cup is righty loosie and the right cup is lefty loosie. It's the opposite of pedals.
To clear this up, I believe this is incorrect. A standard mountain bike bottom bracket is a normal thread (clockwise tightens) on the non drive side, and a reverse thread on the drive side.

jabberwocky

Chimp
Apr 15, 2002
Montreal
Originally posted by KonaDude

To clear this up, I believe this is incorrect. A standard mountain bike bottom bracket is a normal thread (clockwise tightens) on the non drive side, and a reverse thread on the drive side.

Sorry, I thought that I posted a message before I went to bed last night... I was pretty tired.

Thanks for the 411 but I had gotten the bottom bracket off by then and was out on my ride. I was in a rush to get out of the heat and before it was too late for a good ride.

I figured it out pretty quickly after I took the B.B. that wasn't cranked on so tight off of another bike. I had forgotten that old trick of following the wheels movement.

I don't know what kind of B.B. StringCheese has.