Quantcast

Cutting Wet Screams

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
Does anyone have any pics of how they cut their Wet Screams? I'm at the Western open and it's raining off and on. There are a couple of rock slabs and not a whole lot of loamy sections.

Thanks.

rockdog

Chimp
Feb 6, 2009
I don't have a pic, but what I did was cut 2mm ish off the knobs making sure I kept the angle of the cut the same as the top of the stock knob. It does not take much material removal to make the knobs noticeably stiffer. I trimmed the corning knobs after doing the center only, I think I will continue to do this in the future as well.

I have packed the cut screams for the western open as well.

illflip

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Newark, NJ
a few mm should do. your basically cutting them enough so they dont fold over as easily. it doesnt hurt to test on a few knobs before you do the whole tire to see how much rubber to take off.

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
speaking of which, how do folks like cut wetscreams on loose over hardpack type stuff?

compared to a DHF for example

Last edited:

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
I ran cut wetscreams up until mid june and I was happy with them as long as the trails weren't grippy hardpack. They are f*cking money in dry loam, loose dust, mud, snow, anything really. Not bad on wet roots or rocks either. The only time I hated them was riding A-line on a day with great dirt because I couldn't ride as fast as I normally can and couldn't hang with my buds/got made fun of a lot as a result. Basically, if there's a lot of grip, the side knobs get sketchy and the tires roll slow.

I cut my center knobs half height and it was way too much material to cut off. If I was to do it again, I would have only cut off a 1/4.

dilzy

Monkey
Sep 7, 2008
not true at all!

the swampthings have a different cornering edge - and are not real advantage over a mininon or highroller imo
From running both on the same track in approx the same conditions, the swamp things stamp all over minions in the wet.

If your going to cut your Wet Screams all over, depending on the extent it will be closer to a swamp thing.

Depends if your a WC or national level rider or just a punter.