Quantcast

Cross Post..on my knees!

Oct 9, 2006
I posted this in the lounge but wasnt sure if anybody other than Kenan lingered in there.

Moffatt

And to this point I have gotten a frame, cranks, drivetrain, handlebar /stem brakes on the line.
I could use a wheelset(20mm front) or hubs and I can source some hoops, possibly tires, and am open to other donations that may be upgrades over what I already have.

THANKS GUYS(and perhaps GIRLS)

So this spring I was working in a bike shop in Bend Oregon when a soft spoken young lad came strolling in our shop with an apprehensive look on his face and and asked me for a job saying that he wanted to learn to work on bikes. I told the little fella that we couldnt hire him on because of his age. I told him to come in on Sundays and hang around the service area and I would teach him as much as possible.

So about a week or so later he show up for his first day of "lessons". He starts to make a habit of hanging around on the days that I am the only mechanic, which is perfect because I had the whole service area to myself. Long story short I nearly lost my job because I was letting the kid watch how to work on bikes while I was doing repairs.

After seeing how the shop handled the situation I decided I could no longer work there, so I quit. I had to move to the East coast for the summer to work. My little Grom buddy is now out there and in desperate need of a better bike.

I have already upgraded the old FSR Ground Control that he has with Shimano XT disc brake, Shimano two piece cranks a new bar and stem, shifters and derailleur and tires,etc. etc. etc.

I am putting it out there to see if anyone has any parts they would be willing to donate to help the kid get on a better bike. I am looking to build him a downhill capable bike as I will be taking him to Whistler for a week in September. So what he needs is a smaller sized frame, fork, and anything else you may have lying around.

Please email me at......missiongravity at gmail .com

thanks,
Moffatt

Here he is on a demo bike going for our last ride together before I left Oregon.