Quantcast

creaking issues? Is this my BB or my cranks?

biker3

Turbo Monkey
Well my truvativ firex cranks have been howling lately. Ive cleaned and lubed the BB numerous times and its kind of a grinding type creak as though the isis splines are popping or something. It feels and sounds as though its maybe my cranks trying to crack but ive inspected them and they seem okay. Ive got crank bolt washers in both sides and my BB apears to be in good condition. Ive only been on the bike for 6 months so I havent been all that hard on it? Does this sound like a BB or crank issue. I know its not all that specific but if you could just chime in thatd be great.

thanks

Duzitall

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
San Diego
If the BB and cranks are clean and torqued, and you think the BB is good... try swapping another set of pedals. A grindy pedal bearing will radiate thru all other parts.

EDIT: Oh ya, your Cannon is awesome! :drool:

Chris

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
idk but im gonna have to say dont worry about it and just live with it. just like a month ago at the most i replaced both my bottom bracket and pedals. it still creaked. it seems to be stopped now though. idk. it might just be the weather. it seams like that for me cause sometimes it creaks sometimes it doesnt but idk. everything is greased and cleaned also with a bit of teflon tape on it.