Crankset/Crank removal.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
Crank removal tool.

Park CCP2 puller for tapered.
fawk, I need to spend more money on a technology that's not being used much anymore.

I knew they had these out there but I was hoping there was a "do it yourself" at home method......

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
stosh said:
fawk, I need to spend more money on a technology that's not being used much anymore.
Do you have an Issis type crank puller? If not get the tapered remover and with a little trick you can use it for the tapered and Issis cranks. I still use an old CCP2, I just have a chunk of steel rod that I put in the BB and presses up against the bolt on the other side of the BB.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
You can also get one of these that has both tips. You can also just buy the tips.

Like westy said you can use the tapered puller for isis. Haven't tried it, but I've heard you can stack a couple of dimes to use the tapered crank puller on an isis BB.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Wumpus said:
You can also get one of these that has both tips. You can also just buy the tips.

Like westy said you can use the tapered puller for isis. Haven't tried it, but I've heard you can stack a couple of dimes to use the tapered crank puller on an isis BB.
Oh... maybe I'll get one of them.

budgetrider

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
I stripped the crank pulling threads on my square tapers once, so I just rode around with the crank bolt loose on the side I wanted to take off. 3 blocks and a couple of curbs was all it took to get the crank off. (Then I rode home pedalling with one foot)