Quantcast

Cracked tires

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I put these tires on six months ago. They haven’t seen a ton of miles but I do ride on them almost daily. Not much tread wear but weird cracking that i haven’t seen before.
Dhf, 27.5, dd, 3c maxxgrip.

Any thoughts?

IMG_8936.jpeg

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
My car tires try to do that if I drive them in 20F.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
They are about 1 year old. I do ride them in the cold. Stored in a heated garage… same as my other bike tires that don’t appear to do this. First time I’ve had maxxgrip in here fwiw.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
They are about 1 year old. I do ride them in the cold.
3C MaxxGrip uses the softest rubber compounds to offer the ultimate in grip and slow rebound properties for unparalleled traction in downhill applications.
Which means they are going to be low, if any, silica content, which is what keeps tires pliable at low temps. This is definitely the worst tread compound for riding in the cold. It's probably the best for the summer when it's warm.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Which means they are going to be low, if any, silica content, which is what keeps tires pliable at low temps. This is definitely the worst tread compound for riding in the cold. It's probably the best for the summer when it's warm.
Cool. I was too lazy to swap them. In the past with different tires, I hadn’t noticed any effect. My kid’s tires are just fine as are my former tires which are much older. Good to know.

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
Maxis is really going into a nose dive with quality lately. Just switch to conti and be done with it.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Maxis is really going into a nose dive with quality lately. Just switch to conti and be done with it.
Looks at warped-to-**** conti tires. Also nice how they sent me the wrong size for warranty.

dd0.png