Quantcast

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
The problem here (and I'm sure where you are) is that the people who are most publicly criticizing (like the hack videos) are fucking morons spreading bullshit that really can get someone killed. Someone like yourself from the sounds of your past history. I'm basically telling people to get the fuck away from me on a daily basis because I had pneumonia and would enjoy not having additional circulatory problems in life that may cause a stroke.

That plandemic crap? Total dangerous bullshit. Those two dipshit orderlies from the central valley in CA that got banned......total fucking morons who were immediately chastised by the hospital they work for. One of their stated credentials was "studied biochemistry". That may sound impressive to your average 16yr old bike mechanic but it's the same bachelor's degree I have, and I am categorically NOT qualified to issue formal sanctioned guidance on public health matters that need to rely on data.

People aren't realizing that they ARE seeing an adaptive approach. No one's tackling you for going outside and running/biking etc. vs. 3 months ago when everyone was screaming don't touch anything and stay inside. That's a result of better understanding real transmission vectors. Those small changes were because people are constantly having exactly the conversations you're saying are shut down. The bullshit is getting shut down, not simply because it's criticism, but because it's bullshit. The 'I'm just asking questions' gets old when they've already been answered a hundred times.

I do agree that it seems people just take what they casually hear on the tevee and in conversations and don't look any harder. That's kind of the problem.
Dude, Im not talking about Alex jones saying chemtrails are making the frogs gay. Lol
And I dont believe in that plandemic shit either.
Im talking about virologists and epidemiologists stating their credentials and using reputable sources.
I also dont believe in evil 5G conspiracies and Im not against vaccines.
What Im talking about is the WHO being a relatively small organisation with a very narrow view on the situation. Especially given the fact this virus is so new and we have a lot yet to discover.
The fact that theyre blocking everyone who disagrees with them should worry everyone.

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.”

Scientists have been warning us for an event like this for decades and still not a single goverment was prepared in any way shape or form.
Numerous experts across the globe have come out and said the WHO has dropped the ball and is pushing an agenda.

And I realise restrictions are slowly being lifted but they might have already done more damage than the actual virus.
Another thing is that European leaders are saying we need to get used to these restrictions because theyre here to stay. The new normal is being thrown around like were never going to have normal lives again. That sounds to me like proper fear mongering.

You mentioned covid patients having long term complaints as a hidden cause of concern, but we also need to take into consideration the treatments that are being postponed or just not looked at right now because of covid.

People in poorer countries are hit super hard because of lockdowns. Its easy for us to say stay inside in order to protect a bunch of 70 year olds but a shit load of people cant afford to stay inside for even a day.
Imagine having to feed your kids and you cant even leave your house.
Most of these countries have zero social security to fall back on and these people are taking extremely desperate measures.

All in all the toll is going to be far greater than what we can even imagine and I think thats absolutely appaling and unfair.

If mistakes were made someone needs to be held accountable and we need to protect those who are hit hardest.

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
E.U. accuses China of targeting its societies with pandemic disinformation
BRUSSELS — The European Union accused China on Wednesday of making a concerted effort to spread disinformation about the novel coronavirus pandemic, lumping it with the Kremlin as a global scofflaw in efforts to seed divisions in European societies.
It was the E.U.’s highest-level and most forceful criticism yet of the way Beijing has handled its messaging about the pandemic. E.U. headquarters in Brussels and European capitals have been struggling to navigate the tension between the United States and China, two rivals that are increasingly at odds with each other on a variety of security and diplomatic issues, including the pandemic response.
“The pandemic showed that disinformation does not only harm the health of our citizens, but also the health of our democracies,” Vera Jourova, the senior E.U. official charged with rule-of-law issues, told reporters, unveiling a list of recommendations for the 27 E.U. member states to promote facts and combat misinformation.
“We are clearly mentioning Russian and China,” she said. “If we have evidence, we should not shy away from naming and shaming.”
E.U. countries have recently clashed with China on its coronavirus response. China moved aggressively to capitalize on E.U. disunity in the first weeks after the pandemic hit Europe, rushing supplies and experts to Italy and amplifying a message to Italians that Europeans were not showing solidarity with them.
Later, the website of the Chinese Embassy in France made false claims that workers at homes for the elderly had abandoned their posts and left residents to die.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Scientists have been warning us for an event like this for decades and still not a single goverment was prepared in any way shape or form.

And I realise restrictions are slowly being lifted but they might have already done more damage than the actual virus.
1) Taiwan and South Korea had their shit together. Pepperidge Farms remembers SARS(-1).

2) Show me hard data re suicide rates or deferred care before making such a broad claim.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
1) Taiwan and South Korea had their shit together. Pepperidge Farms remembers SARS(-1).

2) Show me hard data re suicide rates or deferred care before making such a broad claim.
I posted historical data somewhere earlier from the Great Depression where death rates went actually down. Yes suicides went up but overall death rates were down primarily because contagious diseases decreased due to economic driven reductions in social contacts, and that was in a non pandemic time period.

Hell traffic accidents are down about 50% in most parts of the country. Probably safe to assume traffic deaths are similar which probably more than makes up for any economic driven deaths.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I posted historical data somewhere earlier from the Great Depression where death rates went actually down. Yes suicides went up but overall death rates were down primarily because contagious diseases decreased due to economic driven reductions in social contacts, and that was in a non pandemic time period.

Hell traffic accidents are down about 50% in most parts of the country. Probably safe to assume traffic deaths are similar which probably more than makes up for any economic driven deaths.
But what about flu deaths!!!

I've been putting off a root canal that's gotten pretty painful. There's your scientific sample of one.

Hey Kevin: without specific examples it's hard to know what you're talking about, especially living in different countries. But I'm getting an MRI on my back and some dental violence next week. Surgeries are back being scheduled here.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Well shit, just lost a little more faith in humanity. How the fuck are there several billion of us?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

People don't actually read the articles. The overall fatality numbers are down significantly compared to last year, because people are driving less. The death "rate" is up, but the overall deaths are down. So yes, the douchebags have taken to the roads doing cannonball and canyon runs, but it's less people dying, not more.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey

1)Ok? Meaning what exactly?

2)From the official site of the Dutch cancer foundation.

From Google Translate

“What does the coronavirus mean for (ex) cancer patients?

It is understandable that you as a (former) cancer patient are concerned about the coronavirus. You are more vulnerable than other people if you have cancer and you are treated for it. Or if you have just finished your treatment. Cancer patients are more likely to develop complications from the coronavirus. And are often sick longer and have worse complaints. This is especially true if you have been treated with chemotherapy or immunotherapy.

What does corona mean for my treatment?

Corona can affect your treatment. Research by NFK (April 2020) showed that:

The corona crisis for 1 in 3 people with cancer has consequences for his or her treatment or control
In 1 in 6 patients who have yet to start treatment, treatment has been delayed
In 1 in 8 patients being treated now, treatment has been delayed.”

This is litterally the first thing I found.
And we are a 1st world country with an excellent health care system. Just imagine what 2nd and 3rd world countries are looking like.

You guys know theres about 194 more countries on this planet beside the US right?
And I higly doubt corona has had zero impact on this subject in the US anyways...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
You guys know theres about 194 more countries on this planet beside the US right?
And I higly doubt corona has had zero impact on this subject in the US anyways...
Do those "countries" even have freedom fries?

Kevin

Turbo Monkey

I assume you realize traffic deaths are in a vastly different moral landscape than people dying in a pandemic that might have been avoided right?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i still find it hard to believe you all would have accepted a nationwide trump mandated shut down during the impeachment of our science president.

there would have been a run on tinfoil.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
So I figured id look for results for Latin America, in Spanish this time but Ill Google Translate again.

“The report specifies that "the drop in the number of digestive endoscopies was 80%" and that if this situation continues "it will be inevitable that we see a greater number of late diagnoses and a worse prognosis". According to the study, there was a 16% decrease in chemotherapy treatments, which indicates the risk of delays in the timely treatment of cancer.”

I think this is a legit news site but maybe @slimshady can shed some light on that if it isnt...

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
I think this is a legit news site but maybe @slimshady can shed some light on that if it isnt...
Altough Clarin has been trying to push people to break the mandatory isolation (they're the local Fox News version, moar or less), the statistics for the chemo treatments is legit. Most of the country had severely limited healt services until last Sunday, when the conditions were relaxed for most of the country, except for Buenos Aires, its surroundings countys, and a couple more big cities in the provinces.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
But delays in chemo might not mean anything depending on the grade and stage of the disease in question. It’s not 1:1 between delays and outcomes for sure.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I’m assuming we will see more spiking as we get 7-10 days from the protests and/or reopening of retail (those coincided in LA).
We are well beyond the 7-10 day delay from the protests, strangely there hasn't been a resulting spike in Seattle. We did see a big spike after memorial day weekend. Looks like riots may not be as bad as backyard BBQs, but I suspect that has as much to do with demographics as anything.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
We are well beyond the 7-10 day delay from the protests, strangely there hasn't been a resulting spike in Seattle. We did see a big spike after memorial day weekend. Looks like riots may not be as bad as backyard BBQs, but I suspect that has as much to do with demographics as anything.

I'm too lazy to check county by county but there's definitely some fun coming back to WA. Hard to say but probably a combo of

1. Yakima freedom spike
2. Urban f*** the police spike
3. "oh yeah whatever happened with that virus thing? Oh well, I want sushi"

wajun.JPG

I would imagine seattle is on high alert just from getting to be the early focus in the US.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Pre coffee brain. Meant 10-14 days. We are right around that mark not well beyond it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm too lazy to check county by county but there's definitely some fun coming back to WA. Hard to say but probably a combo of

1. Yakima freedom spike
2. Urban f*** the police spike
3. "oh yeah whatever happened with that virus thing? Oh well, I want sushi"

View attachment 146352

I would imagine seattle is on high alert just from getting to be the early focus in the US.
Yakima has probably more than half of new cases in WA on any given day despite only making up 10% of the population. Seattle was doing well, saw a jump after memorial day then returned to a steady decline. We have almost two weeks of testing data since protests started and have yet to see a corresponding increase.

Perhaps a self contained CHAZ will protect the rest of the population.

Screenshot_20200611-084200.png

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Patios and other things are back open in Ontario, starting today (Toronto and cities around Toronto excluded).

People must have really missed the patios, drove past a few and there are already people elbows deep in pitchers of beer.

Also judging by the traffic, everyone in Toronto is just leaving the city anyways...so not really sure what the restrictions point actually is?

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Also judging by the traffic, everyone in Toronto is just leaving the city anyways...so not really sure what the restrictions point actually is?
People are fleeing the city on a more permanent basis around here. Cottages and selling like hotcakes!