Quantcast

Corsair Konig?

Demomonkey

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Auckland New Zealand
Anyone here spent any time on a Konig?

I'm currently on a Meta 4X for all round general bashing and while I love the performance over smooth trails in the rougher stuff its completely overwhelmed.

Corsair are available over here now and I had a look at a Konig frame set in a local shop the other day. It looks great with and extra 30mm of travel over the Meta I was thinking it might be the ticket. Geometry is spot on and the build quality looks fantastic.

My questions at this stage are;

Weight?
Anyone know frame weight on the Konig?

Compression Damping?
The Meta has damping set up for smooth runs with big hits. Most of the trails I ride have roots, braking bumps and general roughness. Is the Konig configured similar to a 4X bike in the compression department or can it be set up a little more 'plush'? 130mm is not a huge amount of travel I know so take the term plush with a grain of salt.

ROCO?
The 4X has an RP23 which I have to say is an amazing little shock. Has Marz sorted out the ROCO?

I like the idea of a 5inch bike with a 67HA. Seems that most manufacturers only offer 67HA with 6+inch bikes.

Thanks in advance.

Stuart

gackrider24

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
NJ
on the topic of commencal look at sicklines.com for a pic of the 2010 furious five inch version with a concentric bb so it could be single speed for a sweet slopestyle rig

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
The König is the pr0n, I've been looking at it my self for a long time...

I had the Roco on my Meta 4x and it was really sweet. Even sweeter than Pelo's RP23 on his Meta 4x. But I only had it for three months, so I can't say more than that.

Buy the König and tell us all about it!!!