Quantcast

Corratec 2007

Eggzoi

Monkey
Jan 6, 2006
Australia
Congratulations Corratec, you have made the first bike I wouldn't consider buying because of severe ugliness. This from a person who didn't mind the new Demo's.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
that last pic of the XC bikes is just weird. whats with the seat tube??

and vote 2 for the ugly-stick

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Corratec - isn't that the company from the mid 90s w/ the big elastomer DH bike? The seat tube was really laid back & the rear shock looked like a big black marsmallow?

It's been a long time.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
that last pic of the XC bikes is just weird. whats with the seat tube??

and vote 2 for the ugly-stick
Looks like those XC frames might be buying into a new trend in road bikes, which is to increase the length of the seat tube and have a short post or have a full length seat tube that you cut to fit when you buy the bike, completely replacing the seat post.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Looks like those XC frames might be buying into a new trend in road bikes, which is to increase the length of the seat tube and have a short post or have a full length seat tube that you cut to fit when you buy the bike, completely replacing the seat post.
ya, it been showing up on the high end roadbikes this season too. Makes more sense in the road world and for race MTBs.

offtheedge

Monkey
Aug 26, 2005
LB
they may look a bit genaric, but not even on the same fugly scale as the abstract specialized offerings....IMO

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Ya it is a trunion mount. Cannondale and a few others have done it for years.
Really....huh....I guess I haven't paid that much attention to C-dale in the last couple of years... I googled it...but I got a bunch of lighting and cylinder applications...no suspension...I can connect the dots but would you mind cliff notz-ing it? Does the shock have a bearing system on either side of it or what?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Really....huh....I guess I haven't paid that much attention to C-dale in the last couple of years... I googled it...but I got a bunch of lighting and cylinder applications...no suspension...I can connect the dots but would you mind cliff notz-ing it? Does the shock have a bearing system on either side of it or what?

Simplest explanation. Have way up the outer shock body is threaded. You have a threaded collar that uh, threads, on. It has to bolt holes in it for the shock mount. Frame bolts to collar, collar adjusts BB height of bike by moving it up and down on the shock.

Many motos use this setup for the rear shock.

GT used it on the LTS bikes under the rear seat, Cdale used it on the jekylls. The old yeti pull shocks used this as well.

lts shock example

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Simplest explanation. Have way up the outer shock body is threaded. You have a threaded collar that uh, threads, on. It has to bolt holes in it for the shock mount. Frame bolts to collar, collar adjusts BB height of bike by moving it up and down on the shock.

Many motos use this setup for the rear shock.

GT used it on the LTS bikes under the rear seat, Cdale used it on the jekylls. The old yeti pull shocks used this as well.

lts shock example

Aha!! Doh!! Now I remember the Jekyll and the pull shox.......thx!