Quantcast

Comin up to Whistler in the next few days?

chriscarleton

Monkey
Aug 4, 2007
Portland Maine
holy fvck. Myself, john p, ohio and a few others just rode down this road to the airport on sunday...jesus. Too bad it couldn't have happened a few days earlier and we would have gotten stuck in whis for a few more days (provided that no one was hurt).

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
That's nuts. I was on that exact bus a couple weeks ago and drove that stretch of road again in a Subaru this past Sunday.

I just did some mapping on Google, and the normal ~2 hr drive from YVR to Whistler will be 6+ hours until they get that cleaned up. Gnar.

--JP

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
saying up to 5 days now......there goes the long weekend for a lot of folk! we locals on the other hand will be happy to enjoy post rain hero dirt all to ourselves...... ;)

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
saying up to 5 days now......there goes the long weekend for a lot of folk! we locals on the other hand will be happy to enjoy post rain hero dirt all to ourselves...... ;)
Thats it! I'm driving 30 hours straight just to poach your fun! ;)

Actually I'll be up there 16th-23rd and can't fuggin wait!

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
What did ohio break?

Be generous.
LMAO. Jesus, I wish I could remember everything.

He got at least 1 flat per day, and I think one day he got 4 or 5. We finally told him to run 50 PSI. I remeber the brakes were f'ed on one of his rental bikes, seems like the fork was screwed on another . . . I know the dudes down at Summitt were on a first name basis with him after Day 1.

This was my 4th or 5th trip to Whis with Marc, and you can pretty much guarantee plenty of downtime riding laps with him. That dude knows how to break bikes.

. . . At least this year he stayed out of the hospital! I've been there to pick him up twice before (concussion on one trip and broken thumb/concussion on another).

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Flying in tomorrow morning. Looks like a few more road sodas will be consumed on the way up. Sucks that tomorrow afternoon looks lost but should be a short line-up for the remaining 5 days.