Quantcast

Colorado Trail

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I know The Toninator once rode the Colorado trail from Denver to Durango, and I remember there was a lot of talk about how much of a pain it is to try to truly do it self supported and still have a good time just because of all the logistics. I'm not saying it isn't doable because it totally is. But check this out http://www.bikemag.com/mantle/hermosa-tours-guide-less-supported-colorado-trail-mtb-tour/, now you can do part of it without a guide, but with some support to make it more feasible. I rode all the parts by Durango and LOVE the trail!!!!:thumb:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Did some riding with Hermosa Tours last summer in the DGO area... talked with the owner quite a bit. Good guy, loves hisself some bikes. And the descent on the last section of the CT from Kennebec Pass into Durango makes my Top 5 for sure... even WITH the big climb in the middle of it. Definitely recommended!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Did some riding with Hermosa Tours last summer in the DGO area... talked with the owner quite a bit. Good guy, loves hisself some bikes. And the descent on the last section of the CT from Kennebec Pass into Durango makes my Top 5 for sure... even WITH the big climb in the middle of it. Definitely recommended!
Yep, I rode that section and loved it!!!! I'd have a hard time picking my favorite day on the CT.

I know The Toninator once rode the Colorado trail from Denver to Durango, and I remember there was a lot of talk about how much of a pain it is to try to truly do it self supported and still have a good time just because of all the logistics. I'm not saying it isn't doable because it totally is. But check this out http://www.bikemag.com/mantle/hermosa-tours-guide-less-supported-colorado-trail-mtb-tour/, now you can do part of it without a guide, but with some support to make it more feasible. I rode all the parts by Durango and LOVE the trail!!!!:thumb:
That sounds interesting.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
when we were in Durango we rode the southern part of the CT trail, and it was awesome...Sliderock to 204 was great, as was Hermosa Creek, but the Molas Pass/Engineer Mt section was incredible.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Thanks Heidi! I had to bag on the whole thing due to a knee injury and only did down to Buena Vista, but I have done most of the sections between there and teh DGO. I sawr this the other day and think it's a GREAT idea and might utilize it in the near future. I do tell all my friends to look up Matt and tell them a friend of a friend sent them.
tt