Quantcast

Colonel Angus in the house

Colonel Angus

Monkey
Feb 15, 2005
land of the green chiles
how's the selection of fromage?
Pretty amazing. There is a fromagerie right across the street from my house. The fresh goat cheeses are great. I don't pay a lot of attention to all the names of the rest, just buy some random selections usually and they never disappoint. But finding any cheddar is difficult. And a good Maytag-style blue is also elusive.

Colonel Angus

Monkey
Feb 15, 2005
land of the green chiles
Dude. Welcome back.

ITER! What's your scope exactly? That seems like an exciting project.
Thanks.

I'm here to provide expertise on controlling beryllium risk. The machine will have over 12 tons of it. People will get disease but they don't understand that yet. Maybe later.

Southern France is gorgeous and a roadie's wet dream. Plus all of Europe is easily and affordably accessible. So far I've been to London, Paris, Rome, Venice, Genoa, Amsterdam, and Portugal. Next up is Corsica.

Colonel Angus

Monkey
Feb 15, 2005
land of the green chiles
Pretty amazing. There is a fromagerie right across the street from my house. The fresh goat cheeses are great. I don't pay a lot of attention to all the names of the rest, just buy some random selections usually and they never disappoint. But finding any cheddar is difficult. And a good Maytag-style blue is also elusive.

Even better is the bread, specifically the 1€ baguettes that people live on here. They're fantastic.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It's much better on TV. Basically a rolling 3-week tourism ad for France.

But I do really want to be that guy in the unitard and Viking helmet running alongside the peloton for a few hundred yards.
so i've heard, but i'd still want to see it in person if i had the opportunity, just for the spectacle of it.

Thanks.

I'm here to provide expertise on controlling beryllium risk. The machine will have over 12 tons of it. People will get disease but they don't understand that yet. Maybe later.

Southern France is gorgeous and a roadie's wet dream. Plus all of Europe is easily and affordably accessible. So far I've been to London, Paris, Rome, Venice, Genoa, Amsterdam, and Portugal. Next up is Corsica.
We used to machine Be for SABRE FLIMBAL frames at Draper Labs.
Airs1.jpg

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I moved to Denmark two years ago and also enjoying country hopping but wish I had the mountains of southern france. I had actually planned to ride Ventoux last year but then I was not let on the plane without my passport and missed the race.

Colonel Angus

Monkey
Feb 15, 2005
land of the green chiles
I think I could be happy in Los Alamos for no other reason than The Chili Works.
Sorry, but the Chile Works breakfast burritos are the suck. Tortillas are too small, and they fill them with an overabundance of undercooked hash browns, not enough eggs and bacon, and the green chile is wimpy. El Parasol across the street is the bomb. And their tacos with the red salsa are to die for. I ate them every day when I was there in October.