Quantcast

cold/flu remedies brainstorm

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
A theory I used to use in college. I have a tolerance to alcohol, the bugs don't. i'd drink myself near death. I was usually too hungover to notice the cold and by the time I wasn't hungover I'd feel fine.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Take 5 325mg tablets of Oxycondone. Take them all at once with a glass of wine. Drink lots of water before and after you take them... When you wake up your cold will be gone. I can guarantee it. Just remember that floaty/euphoric feeling can never be replicated short term and you will be fine....

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Ibuprofen and acetominophen for relief from symptoms. Other than that, rest and liquids. Most cold/flu medicines pretty much have the same ingredients. I like Theraflu, but it's not much different than other medications.

ocelot

Monkey
Mar 8, 2009
Canadastan

i swear by this. You take it when you feel the first symptoms of a cold. It can also be taken as a daily preventive. I've fought off a bunch colds with this. Haven't been actually sick for the past 2 years (knock on wood), with a cold that is....
I'm not sure if this is available in the US though

Scrub

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2003
NOR CAL, Sac/CoCo County
I know you don't drink, but booze does work and if you drink enough you pass out and can sweat out the cold. I never get sick....hehe

Some of my friends swear by the theraflu stuff

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I know you don't drink, but booze does work and if you drink enough you pass out and can sweat out the cold. I never get sick....hehe

Some of my friends swear by the theraflu stuff
the Fock I dont drink.....I put stinky under the table. I just dont drink beer.

just dropped and oxycocdone, methacarbamol with some thera flu and a shot of bacardi. mostly because the weather is too tempting to go out so I thought I would dose my self indoors

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
How did all that drinking go for you? I used to use the drink a sh!t ton remedy in college and it worked pretty well. On occasion it backfired though.

Seriously though, get a prescription for a general antibiotic and get filled at WallMart. Cheap as dirt for a big a$$ bottle of pills (I think I got 90 pills for $10 or $20).

Next time you start feeling sick just take the pills for a few days and you are pretty much guaranteed to feel better.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>

Seriously though, get a prescription for a general antibiotic and get filled at WallMart. Cheap as dirt for a big a$$ bottle of pills (I think I got 90 pills for $10 or $20).

Next time you start feeling sick just take the pills for a few days and you are pretty much guaranteed to feel better.
This is a really bad idea IMO if you actually have a cold/flu. Both these are viral infections and antibiotics do precisely *dick* for viral infections. They may help if you have a bacterial thing like bronchitis or a sinus infection, but even then you should go through your doc first. Over-prescription of antibiotics is a *real* problem.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN

Stupid post here.
First off, where do you go to just get a prescription for a "general antibiotic" ? Doesn't a healthcare professional have to recommend that, and also recommend how much you get. So you can't just ask for the "big ass bottle" at Wal Mart to cover any future illnesses.

Pretty sure when you're prescribed antibiotics, you need to take all that you're prescribed.... not save them for later.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Stupid post here.
First off, where do you go to just get a prescription for a "general antibiotic" ? Doesn't a healthcare professional have to recommend that, and also recommend how much you get. So you can't just ask for the "big ass bottle" at Wal Mart to cover any future illnesses.

Pretty sure when you're prescribed antibiotics, you need to take all that you're prescribed.... not save them for later.
rockfullr's not a doctor... but he plays one on the intarwebz. :D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Stupid post here.

Burly is right.

edit: its not a recommendation, they give you a piece of paper and fill out exactly how much of exactly what drug.

A doctor has to write you a prescription. It's not like you just roll in and order a literacola.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Here's what you do.

4 shots of vodka
2tsp of cayenne pepper
4" of raw ginger.

Put on an undershirt. then a long sleeve. Then a sweater. Then a winter coat and jog for 2 miles on a treadmill. Don't have a treadmill? Do 10 sets of 100 jumping jacks.

After that take

4-8grams of sodium ascorbate
300,000 i/u vitamin D

Do the sodium ascorbate (vitamin C that maintains better serum levels than ascorbic acid) every 4 hours. You will get bowel intollerance.
Do this for 2 - 3 days
Same for the vitamin D do that for 2 - 3 days, 300,000 i/u vitamin D3

Water. 2-4L a day

The key as well, after you run is to take it easy. Don't eat huge meals and bog down your system. Eat light. This will allow your body to utilize more energy for your immune system.

I also use a micro electricity germ killer on my sinuses (google it)
But since I've started taking 6000 i/u / day of vitamin D3 I don't get sick hardly at all.