Quantcast

Colbert

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Last show tonight, going to miss it. The man is brilliant. I think my wing nut father watched him for a few months without realizing it was satire, now just saying the name Colbert makes him red faced and angry.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Last show tonight, going to miss it. The man is brilliant. I think my wing nut father watched him for a few months without realizing it was satire, now just saying the name Colbert makes him red faced and angry.
Winning.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
He will be missed. I was worried when he first spun off the Daily Show, but that soon passed after the first season. Quality delivery and his ability to not break character in the face of some of the greatest guests of all time.

Hell, Wriststrong all by itself is priceless.

The WristStrong Saga

Colbert slipped and fractured his wrist before a taping in June 2007 right before the show went on hiatus. When the show came back to air, Colbert appeared with a foam finger covering a casted wrist and a mission; get a WristStrong bracelet to a famous person.

Just as the LiveStrong silicone bracelets took off a few years prior, Colbert's bracelets were seen everywhere from the wrist of presidents to floating in space! He had his cast signed by members of the political elite, both sides of the aisle to keep things fair, and when the cast came off he auctioned it off on eBay for over $17,000.
Overall the campaign raised $171,525.00 for the Yellow Ribbon Fund and the bracelets are still raising money today.