Quantcast

codes vs k24s

nmn25

Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
portland or co springs
im currently on juicy 7s, and want to get better brakes (read stopping power, so my hands dont cramp at whistler and such). I wiegh 180lbs, and its going on a 9 inch downhill bike.

i can trade my dhx air for a pair of codes or k24s? which would be better? would the k24s actually have more stopping power than the codes? are the 08 codes significantly better than the 07s? (50 grams doesnt mean much to me, and is the galvanized finish just for looks?)

any help will be greatly appreciated.

ps, i dont know if it makes a difference, but i plan on putting steel lines on it somewhere down the line (or should i just do that w/ the juicys and get diff pads?)

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Formulas should have enought power. They are not as strong as codes but yet strong enough(stronger than juicy) and weight like 60% the weight of the codes.

Old_Sckool

Monkey
Jun 5, 2007
I have had both. Currently running Codes with Ultimate levers.

If you are trying to reduce arm fatigue, go with the Codes. Formula's are probably the most powerful for their weight but can't match the Codes for power and less fade, especially if you're a brake dragger.

All that said, if you want the ultimate in low fade, max stopping, go Gustav's with 210mm rotors front and rear. Ran those in 06 and 07 and I can tell you, nothing else comes close. They're tanks in the weight department though. Properly set up Codes aren't far behind the Gustav's.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Old you're 100% right. I've came from gustavs and they are like dropping an anchor from your bike yet on my new formulas I don't feel lack of strength in terms of braking distance. Only a bit more armpump which can be solved with some traning.