Quantcast

Chromag full suspension frame?

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Huh, definitely an interesting development if they actually make a full sus model. Hard to tell by the pic, but I wonder if they will follow Transition's example and use a chain stay rear pivot? And since this is chromag we're talking about, will it be (mostly) a steel frame? Could get a little heavy, but it could probably still be reasonable compared to the more burly alum all-enduro frames out there. If it's steel, it may be similar to the BTR Pinner concept bike. In terms of bike category, my guess is ASS (always steep sh!t).

Last edited:

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
Considering how much a steel hardtail costs from them, it's probably a good thing they didn't get into the full suspension market.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Their prices are alright, they are made by hand in Canada eh!
They do sell some Taiwanese made frames too for a fair chunk less.

I'm waiting for their high rise BZA carbon bar to get released.

rav400

Monkey
Aug 31, 2009
The Right Coast
Tac is right. That pics of that prototype were going around a few years ago. It was a one off prototype with a chromoly front triangle and aluminum swing arm as I recall. It had shocks mounts with a number of holes to test various shocks and settings. IDK why it never want it to production or why they dropped the idea.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
because they only want to make hardtails at this point....this old prototype is now relegated to towing a trailer for taking garbage and recycling to the depot, or picking up freshly machined stuffs from North Shore Billet

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
I disagree, as it looks like the front triangle has just had a fresh coat of kashima applied.

Perhaps building off the Yeti Infinity link concept, they are partnering with Fox to develop an entirely new linkage system in which the whole front triangle is part of a virtual pivot system. Heard it here first...

Last edited:

ocelot

Monkey
Mar 8, 2009
Canadastan
I disagree, as it looks like the front triangle has just had a fresh coat of kashima applied.

Perhaps building off the Yeti Infinity link concept, they are partnering with Fox to develop an entirely new linkage system in which the whole front triangle is part of a virtual pivot system. Heard it here first...
Are you saying that the rear triangle will stay fixed while the front will move independently of it? Witchcraft!