Quantcast

Chicken and Waffles

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
What I had for lunch today! So good!!!!

Next week - plans are to go to Chez Ben for lunch for some french canadian inspired food, including poutine! :thumb:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
there is a place here, in the ghetto that has chicken & waffles.
The chicken is borderline bad. fried chicken needs to be marinated in buttermilk & hot sauce. those bastards just breaded & fried the bird. ya think they would know how to cook some yard bird in the ghetto.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Most of my friends do not believe me with how good that stuff is! SOOOO amazing!

Well, on that note, I'm eating smoked chicken with smoked mashed potatoes. Got an urge last night to smoke some food. I was still running off fumes from coming back from Sol Vista but man...I can cook!

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
there is a place here, in the ghetto that has chicken & waffles.
The chicken is borderline bad. fried chicken needs to be marinated in buttermilk & hot sauce. those bastards just breaded & fried the bird. ya think they would know how to cook some yard bird in the ghetto.
The two last places were in the ghettos of SF and New Orleans.

When I went to the SF place, I realized that the meat quality was probably not the best, but I thought they did a good job otherwise.

The New Orleans place was a little different situation. While the SF place was in one of the worst neighborhoods, you could describe most of New Orleans as dangerous, so that won't deter anyone.

But as for fried chicken, there is a huge demand, so you better cook some good stuff.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles rules. I ate there when i went to anaheim for a buddy's wedding. That place ruled. Way ghetto, but way good.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I seem to recall reading recently about some way high end place in DC that is frequented by "political elite" offering chicken and waffles on the menu for something like 50 bucks a plate.