Quantcast

Check out this ride...OCC bikes r nothing compared to this

nicklin said:
uh....that's kinda g*y....occ will kick these ferries' a*ses with its little pinkie

They may make some sweet bikes, but in my opion they are complete sell outs. Do they realy have to have their name on every piece of merchentdice(sp) as possible. Dont get me wrong I would probly do the same thing to if I saw their pay checks, but im just tired of going doing the street and seeing their **** on everyone. And....that is my 2 cents for the day

adrenalinerush said:
They may make some sweet bikes, but in my opion they are complete sell outs. Do they realy have to have their name on every piece of merchentdice(sp) as possible. Dont get me wrong I would probly do the same thing to if I saw their pay checks, but im just tired of going doing the street and seeing their **** on everyone. And....that is my 2 cents for the day

then you should be too exhausted to talk about west coast choppers. think about it, how many times do you see West coast chopper crap in the south or the heartland? quite a bit, and Jesse rides on his famed name, much more so than the OCC guys. I respect the OCC guys because they are down to earth, not some douche who uses his name as a proof of badassness. I have seen a book about Jesse james, and he just had to insert a pic of him holding a 22 pocket pistol and him shooting a M4 carbine in the desert. now that's called sellout.

OCC guys?
give them a break. their bikes are awsome, and their shop is soooo humble if you been there in person. that's what i called down to earth

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
nicklin said:
then you should be too exhausted to talk about west coast choppers. think about it, how many times do you see West coast chopper crap in the south or the heartland? quite a bit, and Jesse rides on his famed name, much more so than the OCC guys. I respect the OCC guys because they are down to earth, not some douche who uses his name as a proof of badassness. I have seen a book about Jesse james, and he just had to insert a pic of him holding a 22 pocket pistol and him shooting a M4 carbine in the desert. now that's called sellout.

OCC guys?
give them a break. their bikes are awsome, and their shop is soooo humble if you been there in person. that's what i called down to earth
yea jesse may use his name as a representaion of his badassness but he is not a sellout. have you seen the work he does? like actually seen the whole creation process in the WCC shop? it isnt just a 3 man assembly line with minor fabricating. this is a huge in house operation. jesse welds all his own frames, pounds out all his own tanks and fenders, and even machines his own wheels out of solid aluminium. now thats creation.

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
mcA896 said:
yea jesse may use his name as a representaion of his badassness but he is not a sellout. have you seen the work he does? like actually seen the whole creation process in the WCC shop? it isnt just a 3 man assembly line with minor fabricating. this is a huge in house operation. jesse welds all his own frames, pounds out all his own tanks and fenders, and even machines his own wheels out of solid aluminium. now thats creation.
I've met Jessie a few times and he is the real deal.
But these days he's not doing the welding on the frames or making tanks from scratch like he used to. Just got to big and to busy. Alot of stuff is still done that way over there but he's not swinging the hammer as much.
I make alot of stuff with a hammer and shot bag too. I also have a big Engilsh wheel & planishing hammer as well. The wheel is in storage due to lack of space. The hammer makes so much noise that everyone that lives by me calls the cops when I use it. lol Soon I'll have a shop where I can get freaky with it. Now I'm not near as good at it as Jessie is. He's got skills for sure. And those skills are kinda a lost art with the CNC age.

His new boat is off the flippen hook! He's not building one piece of it but I'm sure it's getting done his way. John West @ Ultra Boats did some gel coat work that has never been done before. I don't like it as it's not my style. But the craftsman ship is unreal.
The trailer is being made at Extreme Trailers in typ. WCC style.

Here is the links to pics of the boat and trailer.

http://www.hotboat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46377

http://www.hotboat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50456

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
yea. he is supposedly going to retire from WCC soon. i think he said something like i cant do this $hit anymore with fans all around. Its like i come to the shop at 6 am and there are a hundred people always wanting autographs and such. i can see how that would get annoying, always having crowds around hovering over you pestering for autographs

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
I think you have to be american or something to like OCC's work. Great show, but the bikes are hideous.

CHeck out the Canadian way of doing things....

Yea i was wacthing this bike bhuild off on Discovery couple of weeks ago, and one of the guys was from Onterio or something, but he was from Canada for shure. The bike he built was so good looking, actually one the contest. He also had this dude flown down from Canada to do this airbrush job, which was just insane, the skills that guy had would make a brain doctor look like he had parkinsine(sp)-no offense to anyone that had it

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
dropmachine.com said:
I think you have to be american or something to like OCC's work. Great show, but the bikes are hideous.

CHeck out the Canadian way of doing things....

what, having the same shape of bike just different wheels and paint?

just thinking of that myself. if occ wanted to do schemes that simple it wouldn't be on national tv, I'm just "a little' confident that OCC can pull off a job like the canadian ones with much shorter time. they do custom jobs for themes, not necessarily the most stramlined or clean bikes, but doesn't mean they can't do it.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Dude, the OCC bikes are just plain ugly. Cant' be argued, no matter how difficult they are to make. They are bulky, somewhat cobby looking and look like a kid designed them.

These ones are sleek, smooth, and bloody well tied in to an overall look. All hand done too. These are his standard ones, he does custom ones as well, just couldn't find pics of it.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
these arguments are dumb.

if all of your information is coming from what you see on the tv, I don't think you have much room to say who is a sell out or who doesn't have skills. (sounds like some of you have some personal experience with the shows though)

the Discovery channel makes two shows about companys that make motorcycles/choppers. if they were both the same, they wouldn't/couldn't sell as many minutes of advertisors ads. the bits of the shows you see are edited so you see just that part. it's not the fault of either of the chopper companys that Discovery shows what they do. they are both making money doing what they love, which is more then most people get to do.

and they both have talent and skill.

:oink: