Quantcast

Champery World Cup - Live Thread

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Missed the whole damn thing - course conditions wet or dry?

Congrats to Gee - well done!

Can't wait to see footage of the race (hope Reid is OK)!

Looked like the aftermath of torrential rain, meaning, an absolute nightmare track of slop, ruts, death....but did not seem to be raining.

banrider

Monkey
Nov 24, 2004
I think Warner said during the broadcasting that getting airlifted didnt mean a very serious injury as the terrain is so steep that ambulances cant access to most of the places in the race, but we will see...

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
I'd like to say that the coverage from Freecaster was excellent. Major improvement from any of the races I viewed last year live (haven't seen any live ones this year).

Only issues were the one minor cut out in the middle, some blipping, and if there was a particularly slow rider on course they wouldn't shift to the rider behind them in time to see their run at all (example, didn't see any footage from Kovariks run - rider in front of him crashed and he must have been right on his tail).

The panning cameras did a REALLY good job of adding some depth to the shots. Those were impressive.

If that is the kind of quality to consistently expect, I would have no issue paying some fee for that.

Ryzo

Chimp
Oct 6, 2009
Think i remember reading that the course builders had kept cameras in mind, making platforms and viewpoints where they new they would get good stuff. Good job all round i think.

LMC

Monkey
Dec 10, 2006
I'd like to say that the coverage from Freecaster was excellent. Major improvement from any of the races I viewed last year live (haven't seen any live ones this year).

Only issues were the one minor cut out in the middle, some blipping, and if there was a particularly slow rider on course they wouldn't shift to the rider behind them in time to see their run at all (example, didn't see any footage from Kovariks run - rider in front of him crashed and he must have been right on his tail).

The panning cameras did a REALLY good job of adding some depth to the shots. Those were impressive.

If that is the kind of quality to consistently expect, I would have no issue paying some fee for that.
Its been far better for me too, last year was a bit of a disaster.

Warner mentioned they have 14 cameras lined up for the worlds. Its shaping up to be well worth the fee if you ask me.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Minnaar quali was 15 seconds off the fastest......i just wonder if a healthy Sam Hill starting 30 seconds behind him could have caught him......that would have been legend. :D

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
The course stayed sloppy and greasy all day. Walking down was a bitch. Saw Vink with the medic team, looked pretty bad, so it's good to hear he's ok now. I gambled with the 'walk down and shoot or pick a spot and shoot' decision and lost. So many retarded punters clogging the trail that by the time top 20 came down I was left with a crap spot. Ah well. That's how it goes. Got a couple goodies. Everyone coming past me was struggling. Some more than others, some way way faster than others. Good times.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
So is this the first time a dedicated clipless pedal racer has won a World Cup?

Oh, and more content...click for full size facial expressions:

Was Gee actually riding clips for that??? I thought that even Minnaar was riding flats. Hard to tell.

primo661

Monkey
Jun 16, 2008
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
WTF does that mean? Most off the things you write don't make sense.
I was talking about Capricorn, agreeing with you. I'll spell it out. From a fellow South African(Capricorn is South African) he's crazy:rolleyes: Maybe not the expressed in the best manner possible, but nothing you couldn't have figured out with a little thought.

Last edited:

matsO

Monkey
Aug 26, 2006
BIG :thumb: to the trail crew

Sick track
Awsome walking track, much better on saturday than the wet one on friday :)
Good coverage (apparently as I havent watched the freeecaster broadcast yet)

Thank you!

Capricorn

Monkey
Jan 9, 2010
Cape Town, ZA
primo and tingers: hate for the states? you said it. dont project. Nothing wrong with Gwin, except for the fools who pump him up to be the 2nd coming of DH'dom. I just prefer other riders. Everyone prefers one rider over another. Get over it. As for my guess on Gwin stacking. so what? almost everyone stacked, i just happened to guess right wrt to gwin, and who would take the top 4 podiums. stop over analyzing.

primo: pm what exactly your misguided opinion is on what makes me nuts? otherwise. hush. you making as much non-sense as that tingers personality

as for the dude that said nope initially: i apologise. i came out a 'tad' heavy. soz guvnor.

Last edited:

tingers

Chimp
Mar 15, 2009
I was talking about Capricorn, agreeing with you. I'll spell it out. From a fellow South African(Capricorn is South African) he's crazy:rolleyes: Maybe not the expressed in the best manner possible, but nothing you couldn't have figured out with a little thought.
My appologies Primo, as my comment was meant for Capricorn.