Quantcast

ChainLove product reviews

Colonel Angus

Monkey
Feb 15, 2005
land of the green chiles
Has anybody checked these out? They are so obviously fake. Every single one a rave about how awesome the product fits, how comfortable, blah blah blah.

How stupid do they think we are? I mean, everyone except MMike.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I check them out from time to time and have seen a few where they actually talk about an item not being as great as they had hoped.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Backcountry.com (parent site to chainlove et al) is pretty legit. I really doubt they are stuffing the review box.
I have reviewed several things unfavorably and they stayed up. If they were trying to skew the reviews, I'd think they would have sensored me.

That doesn't mean the reviewer isn't a moron who has no idea how to ride a bike.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I think the problem is that 90% of the people out there don't buy a bunch of stuff and see what's best, they buy the one that they buy and say whether they like it or not. I'd bet that 75% of reviews are either 5 stars (love it) or 1 (hate it). Why else are you going to write a review? You either dig the product enough to write about it, or hate the product so much that you want to warn others.

On that note, most things people buy on chainlove are super discounted...I could care less that my socks tore when I got 6pair for $10....still a bargain and therefore a great product.

I do miss backcountryoutlet though.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I check them out from time to time and have seen a few where they actually talk about an item not being as great as they had hoped.
I think the problem is that 90% of the people out there don't buy a bunch of stuff and see what's best, they buy the one that they buy and say whether they like it or not. I'd bet that 75% of reviews are either 5 stars (love it) or 1 (hate it). Why else are you going to write a review? You either dig the product enough to write about it, or hate the product so much that you want to warn others.

On that note, most things people buy on chainlove are super discounted...I could care less that my socks tore when I got 6pair for $10....still a bargain and therefore a great product.

I do miss backcountryoutlet though.
Most of the stuff on Chainlove is pretty straightforward, as in you already know what you are getting. I have yet to buy something from there and return it. The only way I could see doing that is if the sizing is way off for some reason. Like Sandwich said, most of the stuff on there is so cheap, I'm still stoked even if it's not perfect, it's well worth what I paid for it. I bought some Smith goggles off of there and even though they probably wouldn't be what I would pick if I was paying full price for something, they are almost disposable at the price I got them for. It's cheaper to buy new goggles than buy replacement lenses.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
agreed on the discount thing too.....I haven't used the pedals I purchased yet, but they showed up at my house like 3 days after I bought them and I used standard shipping, no complaints from me yet.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Shipping (at least to me, don't know about everyone else) is crazy fast. It's usually two or three days even when I select the 10-15 day cheap shipping option.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Has anybody checked these out? They are so obviously fake. Every single one a rave about how awesome the product fits, how comfortable, blah blah blah.

How stupid do they think we are? I mean, everyone except MMike.

Maybe this is the new variation of when the waitress asks how dinner was and people's knee-jerk reaction is "great, thanks."