Quantcast

central phone number service for small company

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Looking for a phone service. For a small company (15-20 people) no physical central office. Just need a central number that will then connect/forward to that many cell phones.

Most of what I'm finding is voice over IP (VOIP), we don't need to move totally off using cell phones. Just have a central online service.

any experience with this?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
we've moved to all voip, i wanna say cisco might have some stuff where you can get voip fwd'd to a cell line? i know in MS teams you can set up a voip number to ring through teams

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I'm more looking for specific experience with one of these companies. I can google and find a few but the one we tried before sucked ass (vonage). I'm looking for happy customers of other services essentially. Those can speak from experience if you will...

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I dropped this a few years ago and only use a cell now, but I used to pay the princely sum of $11 a month for a managed VOIP service that offered all this kind of thing; it came with ‘a landline number’ that could be forwarded to multiple phones with or without rules, voicemail etc. etc. You could even set up a ‘dial x for Dave’ type thing. Find one of the nerdier VOIP companies, I bet they can do all this.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm more looking for specific experience with one of these companies. I can google and find a few but the one we tried before sucked ass (vonage). I'm looking for happy customers of other services essentially. Those can speak from experience if you will...
i haven't tried the ms teams setup (despite my company having shifted full to teams) as i'm not issued a work cell phone, and i'm not using my personal cell phone for work stuff. however i have talked to people with company issued phones that have their work voip # setup to fwd to their phone through teams, and everyone says it works well. however i'm not sure this option is available through the free version of teams.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i hope a india call center never gets ahold of your number and calls you 20 to 30 times a day asking for non existent employees...drag...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
When we moved offices we got rid of our desk phones and do everything through Teams. It rings to my laptop because I refuse to install Teams on my personal phone. But I can have it forward to my cell number and that works well.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
If you go VOIP please don't buy Gigaset phones, I forgot how much Siemens disliked logic.