Quantcast

CCDB on a DW DHR?

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
Just ordered my new DHR, and a CCDB. Then just now I recalled that the CCDB wasn't all that great on the Sunday...
Anyone have any experience with this set-up?
I realize there aren't too many DW DHR's out there yet...

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
Nevermind, I'm trippin. Now that I search around more I see plenty of people running this setup.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
also the ccdb doesn't have much ramp near the end of the stroke, and neither does the sunday, which means you had to compensate with too much HSC. The DW DHR has lots of progression and should work fine.. you'll probably be fine. its a shock. It goes up and down. The bike has good geo. you're going to have a fun time

Last edited:

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Just ordered my new DHR, and a CCDB. Then just now I recalled that the CCDB wasn't all that great on the Sunday...
Anyone have any experience with this set-up?
I realize there aren't too many DW DHR's out there yet...
The CCDB changed quite a bit from 2006 when a lot of people were trying to get them to work on Sundays until 2009 when I first started riding one on the dw-DHR and Revolt (which uses a VERY similar leverage ratio curve by design). The CCDB is one of my favorite dampers that I've on the bike, the tunability is second to none and if you know what you are doing the results can be pretty phenomenal in my opinion. I liked it so much that I practically begged Josh to let me keep the proto sample that I was testing..

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
Awesome, great to hear. Super stoked on getting this thing going. Should be about a month or so before it's dirt ready.

Urinal Mint

Monkey
Oct 10, 2003
Washington
The CCDB changed quite a bit from 2006 when a lot of people were trying to get them to work on Sundays until 2009 when I first started riding one on the dw-DHR and Revolt (which uses a VERY similar leverage ratio curve by design). The CCDB is one of my favorite dampers that I've on the bike, the tunability is second to none and if you know what you are doing the results can be pretty phenomenal in my opinion. I liked it so much that I practically begged Josh to let me keep the proto sample that I was testing..
dw, just curious what settings you have found to work best with your CCDB/DHR setup. Any info would be much appreciated!

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
Hey DW, I'm looking for an old post of yours where you explain your CCDP/DH setup and can't seem to find it. Any tips or guidelines as a base setting start?