Quantcast

Carters Lake #2 around the corner

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
Don't forget to put October 5th on your calender. The second of three for the SoFA Carters Lake MiniDH series - this time much cooler weather I hope!

Check http://www.ridesofa.org for updates. Visit the forums for trail information and work parties if you are so inclined to pick up a shovel. We are working to open our third trail by the third race this year.

Last edited:

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
Weather is looking good this weekend. High of 76 and 75 for Saturday and Sunday, low Saturday night is 51 - great camping weather.

There is also going to be a riding clinic being held on Saturday by SoFA and it is open to everyone and free for everyone (minus park fees).

This race will have a different race course than the first race to throw in some variety to the series. Some of you probably rode this course the last race but I didn't tell too many people I was changing it.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Hey Brady,
How is the gas situation in GA now?
Well, I mean I know Jeff D's is horrid, but I was referring to the availability of petrol.:biggrin:
Its hit or miss up here right now.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Bad in Atlanta. They had it in Ellijay and surrounding area but there were some lines at the stations this past weekend.

Leave the shorty at home and come over - I've got some beef stew cooked in the dutch oven for ya.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Oh god the gas situation isn't that bad. Pretty much is only a prob. right off the exits of major interstates. And if you aren't prepared, if you fuel up early in the morning or just look for petro before you're floatin' on empty you'll be fine!

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
Yeah I modified my seat in the truck. There is now a tube that runs from the passenger seat to the intake of the engine. I call it the Jeff Olfaction System, JOS!

If you are a gear head you will get that joke....

Mike Fitz

Monkey
Jun 14, 2005
Charlotte Nc
Yeah I modified my seat in the truck. There is now a tube that runs from the passenger seat to the intake of the engine. I call it the Jeff Olfaction System, JOS!

If you are a gear head you will get that joke....
So is it a wet or dry set up?:brows:

The whole gas situation is getting much better around metro Atlanta. people are begging to realize that they don't need to top off everyday. The problem was the low sulphur gas was on short supply from the last hurricane. The Carters Lake area doesn't need the low sulphur since the emissions aren't as regulated in north Georgia. It may be a bit hit or miss for stations to be out, but it may be a good idea to have enough to get more towards home after the race, just in case. Gas is going for right around 4/gal for regular, might be a bit cheaper in N.Ga.

TURBOLVR

Chimp
Feb 9, 2006
I do mean female strippers with more than 6 teeth- not any 42-39-56 Rosies either.
although some of our compadres aren't very picky!

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Good times everyone!

FULL RESULTS / TIMES and Stuff to be posted on Derailed later.....

PRO/OPEN Results -
1st WYATT CHRIS
2nd FERGUSON DOUG
3rd GRUHLER MIKE
4th PITTS CHUCK
5th QUEHL ETHAN
6th WILES RICK
7th SANDS MICHAEL
8th RANEY JEREMY
9th REDDY CORY
10th PETERS KARL
11th DREHER DAVID
12th DEIN JEFF
13th KIRK ERIC
14th BRASWELL JEFF

INTERMEDIATE/SPORT-
1st WOODS BRANDON
2nd ATKINSON BEN
3rd SIMPSON JEREMY
4th CHIAPPETTA JOEY
5th SWARTZ NATHAN
6th MALGALDI RJ
7th DRAKE JACKSON
8th PALMERI VIC
9th MILES LUKE
10th WESNER JAMES
11th BAXLEY HARRY
12th MICHAEL ROBERT
13th PARHAM CAM
14th BUCKLEY KEVIN
15th LEARMAN TOM
16TH SMITH JAMES
17TH ROBINSON CHRIS

BEGINNER-
1st SUMMERS JASON
2nd DAVIS JEFF
3rd QUELL MALCOM
4th LAMBERT RYAN
5th HOLMES GAVIN
6th RUIZ MIKE
7th MITCHELL MARK
8th NUTTAL TYLER
9th THOMPSON DALLAS

Thanks for everyone that participated and all the volunteers that helped make this happen.
Race #3 in one month!

Last edited:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Thanks SOFA. As always the race was a huge success and a great time. Maybe the best I have had since the first last year. Lets see those time, I want to know how much time advantage Chris's mustache had over my beard.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
times were close
chris's 'stache probaby got him half a second due to wind resistance
brady should have times and the series points posted soon