Quantcast

Canyon Strive CF- the ultimate enduro?

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
JM_ posted a couple good pics of East Coast fire roads. I think they're called "carriage trails" here though for some weirdo reason.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
That's what they said 2 years ago. If your brain hasn't already turned to mush by the marketing and instead look around on the trails, you'll notice that the majority are 26".
Nah bro.....29ers are by far the majority around here.

EDIT - I should say, of "newer" bikes that is.

Last edited:

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
do people really adjust their geometry that often? Is it that much of a feature that you'd sacrifice an extra pound of frame weight? You can't learn to compensate for the slacker HAs and lower BBs that your 6" travel bike has?

I love that this is a feature worth an extra grand, but God forbid you put a front derailleur on anything or try to improve it, you'll totally ruin the enduroness of the raditude.
but surely it rides lighter than it actually is.....

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
honestly i was wondering when this kind of feature was going to show up.
Cannondale has sold the Trigger for a while now except they do it via the shock. It would be interesting to try any of the solutions and compare it to my non adjustable bike. Personally there is something very nice about a bike with as little adjustment as possible when you ride so you can just focus on riding but as a first year dropper post rider I do feel the increase in fun I have going down hill with a dropper post.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Cannondale has sold the Trigger for a while now except they do it via the shock. It would be interesting to try any of the solutions and compare it to my non adjustable bike. Personally there is something very nice about a bike with as little adjustment as possible when you ride so you can just focus on riding but as a first year dropper post rider I do feel the increase in fun I have going down hill with a dropper post.
i thought dropper posts were a gimmick until i tried one. absolutely love it. considering one for my xc hardtail actually

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
i thought dropper posts were a gimmick until i tried one. absolutely love it. considering one for my xc hardtail actually
I'm not exactly ditching the dropper but it still kind of bugs me to have to mess with it. Having to also change bike geometry would bug me even more. I don't want to have to do some version of the Pee Wee Herman tequila dance every time the incline of the trail changes.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Doesn't anyone remember the TALAS rear shock?
That was stupid, because it worked by changing the shock eye to eye. So you either got short travel with low/slack geometry, or long travel with steeper/taller numbers. This doesn't do that. It's a vastly better idea.