Quantcast

Can't remember who was asking for Monster Green Demo 8

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
In english..
If you take the desire to look like Sam Hill, know that it will be easier with the bike with the driving style ...
Specialized has released a framework Demo 8 "Replica Sam Hill" colored Monster Energy. So sure, he must love the green, but it sold part limited series (scheduled for late January and early February) that deserves to be the perfect copy of one he used during the grand finale of World Cup in Schladming, to celebrate his title.
The sale price is advertised at € 2 199 and will be available in three sizes (S, M and L). Since there will not be for everyone, you can start honing in on the side of retailers to take command Spe ...

Mudstud

Chimp
Nov 7, 2009
Winterthur, Switzerland
Frankly spoken, a fetish object for Sam-Hill-Groupies. And no, I am not into this kind of cult of personality. Let's face it, Hill would be fast on almost any bike.

Apart from that, isn't that Monster Green very commencalish? I do think so.
And another objection: I would not like to find advertisements for some overpriced, sugary energy drink on my frame if that company was not paying me for advertising. And no, I am not good enough to get any sponsorships. That's why I decided to go on as a journalist. Perfect excuse for being slow and still getting them goodies.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Frankly spoken, a fetish object for Sam-Hill-Groupies. And no, I am not into this kind of cult of personality. Let's face it, Hill would be fast on almost any bike.

And another objection: I would not like to find advertisements for some overpriced, sugary energy drink on my frame if that company was not paying me for advertising. And no, I am not good enough to get any sponsorships. That's why I decided to go on as a journalist. Perfect excuse for being slow and still getting them goodies.
but but but....

all you need to do it email someone at monster and they can send you a hat, and stickers.... then you can say you are sponsored by them just like every single kid who races dh or moto does right now.

jcaramia

Monkey
Oct 28, 2007
Clifton, NJ
but but but....

all you need to do it email someone at monster and they can send you a hat, and stickers.... then you can say you are sponsored by them just like every single kid who races dh or moto does right now.
hahahaha Funny you say that, I got a couple shirts in the mail from Monster like 2 days ago out of no where. Yay sponsorhouse. :rofl:

Edit:
....I will never where them.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
isn't that Monster Green very commencalish? I do think so.
Isn't the commencal green very kawasaki-ish? Isn't the kawasaki green very grass-ish?

Come on, there's no need to have a little whinge about fetish objects and some advertising just because a team replica was released. Pretty sure this isn't the first time it has happened, and it sure as heck won't be the last. If anything I think it's cool that people can go out and buy the same frame that was raced on, and at the very least it's another colour option instead of just the red.

In short, chill out, it's just a paintjob.

jnooth

Monkey
Sep 19, 2008
Vermont Country
I think i'm getting the green one... Not because sam hill rides it (although i do enjoy watching him ride) but because its way nicer looking then the red.

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe

I don't like the Monster logo on it but I like the green and black way better than the red and black. If I wanted to buy a new Demo I would try to get this one just because I like the colors better, could careless if its a Sam Hill replica.

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
I think the white/black frame that comes with the lesser Demo 8 build is the most bad ass.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Come on, there's no need to have a little whinge about fetish objects and some advertising just because a team replica was released. Pretty sure this isn't the first time it has happened, and it sure as heck won't be the last. If anything I think it's cool that people can go out and buy the same frame that was raced on, and at the very least it's another colour option instead of just the red.

In short, chill out, it's just a paintjob.
Dude dont you know its really hip for kids these days to hate on all things popular?
People will bash on anything other people like, they think it makes them stand out in the crowd.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
I think its a good step forward actually. Look at moto, they make all kind of replica stuff. So why can "WE" have replica stuff also? In some way maybe it will bring bigger sponsors in to the scene???

you people are to single minded, dont be a sheep.

kellyn7

Monkey
Apr 12, 2005
San Diego
A year ago the Demo wasn't even considered a dh bike and now the haters have progressed to paint schemes, sounds like progress to me. Yes, I have to agree Sam Hill can compete with nearly any dh bike on the market right now but before Mt St Anne this year lots of people on this forum were starting to wonder if the Demo was preventing him from winning, guess he dispelled that myth. I guess we'll all just have to watch out for all the Sam Hill wanna be's riding there green demo's down the trail rockin' there Sam Hill Five Tens wearing a Sam Hill D3 Replica.

The bottom line is Sam Hill has done a great job for Specialized and the rest of his sponsers and if they want to capitalize on his name so be it, that's what sponsorship is. Deal with it!

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Its pretty funny that people will happily wear the jersey of some hockey/ baseball/ basketball player, but balk at something like this.

I'd love that bike, if only because the green looks bloody awesome.

AngryBeaver

Chimp
Oct 4, 2009
Whistler Baby!
If the frame came without Monster logos or Sam Hill's name, I'd be very interested as I think the green looks awsome!! Personally, I dont know why riders would want to ride with somebody else's name on their helmet/shoes/frame etc....

Greg

BBBSwan05

Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Not that I am in the market for one at all but it would be interesting to see if the geometry is the same as the other demos. wasnt it said/rumored that hills demos were specifically made for him with some tweaks in the geo? would be kind of cool to ride a bike with those same tweaks in geo if is indeed a true replica of his wc bike.
just a thought...

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
Not that I am in the market for one at all but it would be interesting to see if the geometry is the same as the other demos. wasnt it said/rumored that hills demos were specifically made for him with some tweaks in the geo? would be kind of cool to ride a bike with those same tweaks in geo if is indeed a true replica of his wc bike.
just a thought...
Specifically, I'd be interested in knowing if the "Monster Green" edition of the frame will come with 83mm BB and 150mm rear spacing.

Mudstud

Chimp
Nov 7, 2009
Winterthur, Switzerland
Dude dont you know its really hip for kids these days to hate on all things popular?
People will bash on anything other people like, they think it makes them stand out in the crowd.
Dude,
I am 35 friggin years old, which means I am not exactly a kid anymore.
And trust me, I could not care less than about what other people think about me, namely people like you. Nor do I want to look like one of the world's fastest riders tip to toe because I know I am not.

So please do me a favour and try your "psychology for beginners and people aiming to become just that" on someone else, awright? Or try to argue for that hideous green without the lamish attempt to get personal with me. Thanks a lo'.

On the replica thing:
Yes, there have been Volvo-Cannondale and Siemens Mobile-Cannondale replica frames around a few years ago as well. I did not go for any of these either. Not for a lack of respect of the likes of Chausson and Gracia, but simply because I don't want to roll around on an advertising banner.

And no, you won't get the exact same frame that the boys are racing on. Thinner tubes and lighter weight are a very likely option for team riders that us mere mortals will never get our sticky fingers on. But then again, the frames available for non-team riders will hold up bravely against amateur-level, blunt riding that would make the team frames snap like straws.

Last edited:

Mudstud

Chimp
Nov 7, 2009
Winterthur, Switzerland
sheesh! me thinks someone needs a hug:brows:
Mint, another example of "psychology for beginners and people aiming to become just that". :weee:

No, I do not need a hug.
I just feel it's not clever to react to dissent with some far-fetched psychological bs about people you do not even know personally. And now go and pay money for advertisement, if you like. But don't tell me to do so, and don't call anyone either a kid or a hug-seeker who does not want to do so.

Thanks for taking notice and enjoy your Sunday (the weekday, not the bike).

Kevin

Turbo Monkey

Dude,
And trust me, I could not care less than about what other people think about me, namely people like you. Nor do I want to look like one of the world's fastest riders tip to toe because I know I am not.

So please do me a favour and try your "psychology for beginners and people aiming to become just that" on someone else, awright? Or try to argue for that hideous green without the lamish attempt to get personal with me. Thanks a lo'.

On the replica thing:
Yes, there have been Volvo-Cannondale and Siemens Mobile-Cannondale replica frames around a few years ago as well. I did not go for any of these either. Not for a lack of respect of the likes of Chausson and Gracia, but simply because I don't want to roll around on an advertising banner.

And no, you won't get the exact same frame that the boys are racing on. Thinner tubes and lighter weight are a very likely option for team riders that us mere mortals will never get our sticky fingers on. But then again, the frames available for non-team riders will hold up bravely against amateur-level, blunt riding that would make the team frames snap like straws.
So you're 35 and youre posting crap like this?
You need a lot more then just a hug my man...

Mudstud

Chimp
Nov 7, 2009
Winterthur, Switzerland
So you're 35 and youre posting crap like this?
You need a lot more then just a hug my man...
Speaking of turning things to a personal level - that is so lame, my man.

If you have any responses on my reasoning, feel free to post. That's what a forum should be all about.
But if it's just about getting to a personal level, than do me a favour & shuv it.
Thank you very much. :thumb:

BTW: As the Commencal-green Monster edition is only going to be available as a frameset, those Sam-Hill-groupies are even going to pay a surcharge for something that is labelled with advertisements.
No doubt it's going to sell out in a hurry, as there's plenty of those groupies - but I will not buy it, sorry.

Last edited:

jcaramia

Monkey
Oct 28, 2007
Clifton, NJ
Dude,

On the replica thing:

You pretty much are an advertising banner riding your own bike. What difference does it make if you ride a Specialized or a green "Monster" Specialized. People are gonna see you coming down the trail and they are gonna recognize what you are riding. I would consider that advertising.

On another note, what is the big deal if somebody wants to ride on a replica bike? Why are they considered gay fan boyz just because they like, look-up-to, or respect a team or rider? Why isn't it the same for baseball or any other sport for that matter? When the Yankees one the World Series a couple weeks ago, I wonder how many guys wore their Yankees shirts the next day.

Mudstud

Chimp
Nov 7, 2009
Winterthur, Switzerland
@ jcaramia

For the record:
1. I do not like the look of fat road bike riders wearing lycra in the colors of the pro tour teams either. And allthough I am not fat, I always wear neutral jerseys on my road bike.
2. I do fully respect the professional racers - and therefore I am not into looking like them. Some say copying is the most sincere form of flattering. While they might be right, I simply prefer to be myself.

BTW: On both of my mountain bikes (27 gears and 9 gears-variety) the model name is easier to detect than the manufacturer. Could be a coincidence, allthough I am not sure.

jnooth

Monkey
Sep 19, 2008
Vermont Country
Why did this argument never come up when specialized released the red demo... i mean thats the same bike the boys rode all season. the green is a bike they rode ONE time. Cant you guys just look at the green bike as another color option?

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
Anyone who thinks this website (and the complete crap spoke on it) is anything more than another Pinkbike is very confused.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Anyone who thinks this website (and the complete crap spoke on it) is anything more than another Pinkbike is very confused.
It's the way all forums seem to go over time... RM has a lot of awesome info on it that gets dragged down by negativity, MTBR has a lot of awesome info that gets dragged down by people constantly slagging each other (as well as a million and one armchair experts, some of whom do know their stuff, many of whom don't have a clue at all), Pinkbike has tons of cool content that gets dragged down by what appears to be a forum full of jumbled letters prominently featuring "u" and "r" for no apparent reason, Rotorburn has lots of people psyched on riding bikes that gets dragged down by kids arguing with other kids from their own school... just forum nature man.

I'm not much of a Spesh fan but those bikes do look nice in that green and black.

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
Specifically, I'd be interested in knowing if the "Monster Green" edition of the frame will come with 83mm BB and 150mm rear spacing.
This rumor is still going around? They concluded the 135mm rear end was just as stiff as the 150 after testing(the demo's rear end is offset so the wheel doesn't need to be dished), so they are sticking w/the 73/135. yeah, sucks if u have 150 rear hub already, but just get an adapter for your 83mm cranks and swap your hub out for a 10x135..

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
This rumor is still going around? They concluded the 135mm rear end was just as stiff as the 150 after testing(the demo's rear end is offset so the wheel doesn't need to be dished), so they are sticking w/the 73/135. yeah, sucks if u have 150 rear hub already, but just get an adapter for your 83mm cranks and swap your hub out for a 10x135..
But I don't want to ditch my beautiful 150 rear Hadley hub! Waaaaaaa-waaaaaaaaa!