Quantcast

Canfield Brothers

mikedee69

Chimp
May 9, 2003
Van City
Hi guys,
I'm thinking on getting a Canfield bike next year. Does anyone own one? How are they? Are they all they claim to be?

Cheers

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
What do they claim to be?

err well, i own a Canfield Fatty Fat and the new F1 is on its way to me.

the suspension works awesome, its really hard to bottom it out and you can pedal through rockgardens like on no other bike i ever rode and owned.
its very stable at highspeed.
+ its very strong and stiff and heavy
my complete bike weighs in at about 22 kg(about 48.5 lbs)

the downsides:
i own a large Fatty fat and this bike is really long so it doesn't like tight corners and switchbacks but with some time on the bike you get used to that.
the chainstays are very long too, and become longer while going through the travel, so the bike doesn't manual that well or better it takes some effort to manual or wheelie it.

i had problems with a slipping chain on mine which was solved with a new version of the chainguide system, now it works flawless.

overall its a really strong and nearly maintenance free dh frame which will suck up everything you throw at it.
if you decide to go for a Fatty Fat better get a small or medium.

when i have some riding time on the new F1 i will post a small review of that.
it has shorter chainstays and this bike will be a medium so i believe all the issues i had with the fatty fat should be solved.

hope that helped :)

Attachments

mikedee69

Chimp
May 9, 2003
Van City
That is one sick machine. I was thinkning about getting a signature. I have spoken, well emailed back and forth, with Chris and it seems they can build a Signature that will fit my riding style just nicely.

With full Avy suspension your Fatty is only 48.5lbs?? Wow that's pretty good.

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
hm yeah if you look at it from that perspective its pretty "light" :)

hm i cant say anything about the signatures.
but oh well, a custom setup is err... well custom. ;)
so it shouldn't be a problem building you a bike that fits you.
they have enough experience by now with this suspension and with building frames.
go for it! :)

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
adrenalinerush said:
UiUiUiUi

I still cant believe you still havent gotten your frame, whats up...whats the reason you havent got it yet. I mite be beaten you to my new frame before you.
hehe :)

the usual bike industry stuff.
first delivery date was march.
it got postponed to the middle of may because of some production problems. probably the fault of the company making the frames, never asked for details.
then the frames were stuck in US customs for about 2 weeks. thanks to the "war on terror", might have been nukes ;)
finally the shocks delivered from manitou were to short.
so now my frame will have a romic.
its in the mail right now, and i am very glad i didnt sell the fatty fat.