Quantcast

Canfield Balance as a trailbike??

banrider

Monkey
Nov 24, 2004
Im considering this frame as a trailbike but I dont know how it performs, does anybody know it?? Im also worried about its weigh as it seems to be a bit on the heavy side, does anybody have more info??cheers

Attachments

banrider

Monkey
Nov 24, 2004
Ive found the frame´s weight, its 10 pounds with a fox dhx 5.0 coil shock...maybe its too heavy for a trailbike??:mumble:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
It would be classified as a heavy duty trail bike. 10 lbs isn't that cazy. The Giant reighn is 8.5 and It is one of the best sellers out there. Mabye look at a ti spring or a dhx air. Just remember to get some light parts here and there and it will work just fine.

banrider

Monkey
Nov 24, 2004
Okay, next question, anybody knows how it pedals & climbs?? I assume it downhills nice so this question doesnt matter:rofl: :rofl:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
seeing as how i just got an email from chris canfield say that the bikes have not arrived yet, i would bet that nobody has time on one. well, maybe some test riders on prototypes.

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
Well, the Balance will be available mid March I believe. Formula 1's are available now. From what I've heard, it rides awesome. I have yet to be able to ride one myself however. I rode a F1 last year and loved it. The suspension is awesome and it pedaled really well. Definitly not like a vp free or anything like that, but it's not designed to have any sort of platform, that's what makes it such a fast dh bike. However with the DHX having pro pedal, it should pedal really well. It may be somewhat heavy because it is a steel front triangle, but it's built to take the abuse of freeriding. I'm sure you could build it up easily in the low 30's and go trailriding, then change the settings a tad and go huck somewhere. That's what a friend of mine is planning on doing with his.
My new Formula 1 is on it's way, and if I could afford it I'd build up a Balance as well... stupid lack of money issue...

banrider

Monkey
Nov 24, 2004
MY LBS is now going to sell Foes and I yesterday tested a demo Foes Inferno and it was great,the rear end was very stiff and it pedalled really good in spite of having 8" of rear travel! so Im also interested in Foes trailbike FXR 2:1 , I suppose the suspension system between the Inferno and the FXR are different but the shock is the same and it was great!!so now, I dont know what to choose between the Balance and the Foes FXR...as they are both new of this year its going to be a bit difficult to know how they ride in a short time.....any opinion on the Foes FXR??

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Foes customer service isnt the best. I know first hand.

Canfield on the other hand has A+ CS.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
With the right gearing, any bike can be used for XC if you are willing to pedal and push it.

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
I know 3 people who have 05' F1s that ride them on 20mile XC/freeride loops (32t front, 11-32t rear) and that doesn't seem to be a problem
Those people are crazy! I can see how that's doable though. Has your frame shown up yet? Mine is still out to paint. They're trying to get the color right.