Quantcast

Cane Creek Titanium Coils

Tomasz

Monkey
Jul 18, 2012
Whistla
Does anyone have one of these coils which are sold directly by Cane Creek?

Would love if you could throw it on a scale for me. No one seems to have any weight data on them.

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
Thought I'd posted this before... my CC ti is a 400 X 3.0, and on the scale I use in my meth lab it weighs 375 g. quite a bit lighter than the RCS springs I have.

Tomasz

Monkey
Jul 18, 2012
Whistla
Awesome! Exactly what I was looking for. That is quite a nice weight, as light as any others I've seen listed and yes quite a bit lighter than the RCS' - I was worried they may just be rebranded RCS, but fortunately not.

The CC springs are compatible with Fox shocks, right?

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Awesome! Exactly what I was looking for. That is quite a nice weight, as light as any others I've seen listed and yes quite a bit lighter than the RCS' - I was worried they may just be rebranded RCS, but fortunately not.

The CC springs are compatible with Fox shocks, right?
CC springs are sourced from DSP, at least they were at some point. Didn't try the ti, but the CC steel springs fit Fox shocks.

Triple8Sol

Monkey
May 4, 2010
Seattle, WA
For reference, the RCS 450 x 3.0 Ti coil I'm running now weighs 399g vs. a DSP 450 x 3.9 Ti that came in at 425g on the same scale. So are you guys claiming CC Ti coils are lighter than both those, given same specs?

Last edited:

Tomasz

Monkey
Jul 18, 2012
Whistla
The weight data which I've collected from various sources:

DSP 373
RCS 395
Nukeproof 383
Cane Creek 374

All numbers in grams, all for 400x3. Given that each weight comes from a different source, take with a grain of salt.