Quantcast

Canadians are nice

Mtbike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2004
Indiana
In July I spent a week in B.C., mostly at Whister and one day in Kamloops. Canadian freeriders are extremely nice. What a contrast frm the C U N T bags who post on this site :D !!!!!

stinsonblvd

Chimp
Feb 28, 2005
Seattle
I tend to agree with mtbike. I have been riding for almost 15 years and have been dealing with this American testoserone B.S. The Canadians treat Mt. Biking as a fun encouraging sport. similar to American Skaters. Most American riders are more interested in what components/frame you ride. I love being American, just not so hip on most American Mt. bikers!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
stinsonblvd said:
Most American riders are more interested in what components/frame you ride.
There are a subsection of riders worldwide who seem utterly obsessed with this, but it is particularly prevalent in the US. The whole 'If your bike isn't equiped with the absolute latest stuff, you're a loser' crowd. It's pretty lame. It seems to be in it's place here on this site though, for the most part. There are some exceptions...

thesacrifice

Monkey
Aug 4, 2004
The B.C. Yeti Distributor was dope enough to let me come over to his house to find the ellusive Derailleur Hanger I needed so desperately for my Whistler Trip... dude rules.

I think pretty much everyone at Whistler is nice, it's not often you can just roll up to someone and start socializing about everything and anything

trailblazer

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Jamaica
thesacrifice said:
The B.C. Yeti Distributor was dope enough to let me come over to his house to find the ellusive Derailleur Hanger I needed so desperately for my Whistler Trip... dude rules.

I think pretty much everyone at Whistler is nice, it's not often you can just roll up to someone and start socializing about everything and anything
whistler is a money making park. That is the deal just like going on a carribean vacation everyone chats and says hello and everyone is happy. It is extremely expensive like shopping at an airport so it is obvious that it caters to the rich and discards the poor.
What you will find outside the theme parks are real people who are warm and open to new faces. Go to any BC bike shop and you are hooked up for rides and entertainement imediately. Now a closer look past the glitz will show a very seedy side of life. Vansterdam has a depressingly bad drug and hoe problem. Sure van is sooo cool but it is really skanky in certain areas. Mt. Seymore is a garbage pile filled with toxic emitting stench. That is our playground.
One really cool thing about us Canucks...we do not carry arms.
hope i pissed off no one.

Mtbike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2004
Indiana
trailblazer said:
whistler is a money making park. That is the deal just like going on a carribean vacation everyone chats and says hello and everyone is happy. It is extremely expensive like shopping at an airport so it is obvious that it caters to the rich and discards the poor.
What you will find outside the theme parks are real people who are warm and open to new faces. Go to any BC bike shop and you are hooked up for rides and entertainement imediately. Now a closer look past the glitz will show a very seedy side of life. Vansterdam has a depressingly bad drug and hoe problem. Sure van is sooo cool but it is really skanky in certain areas. Mt. Seymore is a garbage pile filled with toxic emitting stench. That is our playground.
I wasn't refering to the people who work at whistler, of course they are nice they are trying to sell stuff. I was speaking of the regular folks I met in line for the lift and on the hill.

Vancouver with the exception of marijuana being decriminalized is no different than any urban area. All those problems exist 10 fold in the states.

thesacrifice

Monkey
Aug 4, 2004
Mtbike said:
I wasn't refering to the people who work at whistler, of course they are nice they are trying to sell stuff. I was speaking of the regular folks I met in line for the lift and on the hill.
me too

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
trailblazer said:
Yay Drugs and Hoes! Don't knock it dude. SOme people have to drive for miles just to get a lid.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
Canadians do tend to be nicer than the Americans, it gets strange after a few days. Bikers as a whole are good people (usally). Some of the coolest people I know are people I've met at races and on rides.

But there is a large population of MBA followers in California.

Tbx

Chimp
Mar 6, 2003
Lummen, Belgium
Mtbike said:
In July I spent a week in B.C., mostly at Whister and one day in Kamloops. Canadian freeriders are extremely nice. What a contrast frm the C U N T bags who post on this site :D !!!!!
I hope it will be nice guys.
In 2 weeks I leave for Canada.
4 weeks of pleasure :)

Grtz
Tbx

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
thesacrifice said:
Well I don't know about retailers, but people that live and work here are friendly because we are. You can't fake that. I have been here 5 years now and can honestly say, if a person is a dick he will be a dick regardless of the situation. In fact most locals will help you find the best deal possible because we know how screwed and expensive our system is.

Oh and the hoes are just fine, endless supply of hot chicks, better be able to ride though :)

teaguers

Chimp
Jul 21, 2005
Bellingham, WA
trailblazer said:
It is extremely expensive like shopping at an airport so it is obvious that it caters to the rich and discards the poor.
Who needs to shop? I've got a season pass, and go there tuesday and wedsday every week, which costs me all of about 20 bucks after gas. The variety of hostels is fantastic for about 15 bucks a night, or stay in staff housing for 10. You can even camp in the overnight lot for free and hardly ever get hassled. Whistler can be quite affordable :) .

trailblazer

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Jamaica
i am talking the regular joes. That is like 80 percent of the customers...you know......
....the ones that pay 6 grand for a bike and ride it once or twice to be cool.
Those peeps shop and support the park.

UNFORTUNATELY>>>3 bikes were ripped off from the cage on the weekend
They supply the cage and take no responsibility.

on alert for these bikes
www.dropmachine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12366