Quantcast

Can you Pass the 3rd grade ?

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Wohoo perfect score. I know my provinces :)

My gf schooled me. my 2nd try I got 18. Her 2nd she got 32 haha...Oh well. I only need to know the west coast and the east coast anyways ;)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Roasted said:
Wohoo perfect score. I know my provinces :)

My gf schooled me. my 2nd try I got 18. Her 2nd she got 32 haha...Oh well. I only need to know the west coast and the east coast anyways ;)
take the other ones! i realized i really have no clue about africa (outside of south africa), all of the -stan countries in the middle east except for afghanistan, and all of southeast asia :dead:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
chicodude01 said:
I got it with half the time left.........sheesh.....Its not really that hard
:stupid:

Of course, I remember vividly in a high school social studies class a girl not knowing where *China* was on a world map. F'ing *China* - she didn't have a clue.....

I guess I should stop being surprised. I blame the parents. :D

-S.S.-

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
JRogers said:
New England rocks your socks off, fool.

I got them all. I only got tripped up on one. I think it was Kansas/Arkansas. I guess that's what I win for being a geography major and driving across the country this summer.
You're a geog major and you missed KS/AR? :nuts:

Geezus. There is no hope for our society........

-S.S.-

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Roasted said:
I got 10...every state west coast, along the southern border and close to the ontario border. Past that, not a freaking clue batman. (oh and of course florida)
Well it's good to know that the Canadians are in the same predicament..........

Can you name and place all of the Canadian provinces?

-S.S.-

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Toshi said:
here's one for you, roasted:

canada quiz. more fun ones up one level from the canada quiz

i got 29/39 on canada, 56/84 on asia, 145/150 on the u.s. (alabama/mississipi, ugh), 57/111 on europe (ouch), 59/87 on the middle east. small countries are tough!
Cool! Thanks for showing me those links. I got 35/39 Canada, 101/111 on Europe, 74/84 on Asia, 70/87 on Middle East........ I'm not sure if I dare try Africa. :eek:

I like geography........... :D

-S.S.-

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
SkaredShtles said:
Well it's good to know that the Canadians are in the same predicament..........

Can you name and place all of the Canadian provinces?

-S.S.-
See above. Yes I can :)...Even the new territory just split off a little while ago. Although it is hard to forget nunuvat...haha

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Toshi said:
here's one for you, roasted:

canada quiz. more fun ones up one level from the canada quiz

i got 29/39 on canada, 56/84 on asia, 145/150 on the u.s. (alabama/mississipi, ugh), 57/111 on europe (ouch), 59/87 on the middle east. small countries are tough!
30 of 39 on canada (got nunuvat, yukon and NW territories screwed up)

96 out of 111 on europe, missed some of the balkan states (and i got screwed by 2 pts in a glitch, where i knew where kaliningrad (fka konisberg) was, clicked on it, and the thing said "no, that's where kaliningrad (russia) is". doh!

got all the US right.

75/84 on asia (got vietnam, thailand and cambodia jumbled, but guessed right on some of the new muslim -stan countries)

75 of 87 for the middle east (georgia/armenia screwups, and how did they forget bahrain?)

36 of 39 for south america (missed uruguay)

18 of 24 for australia (although if they didn't correct you, i would have probably missed a couple others)

33 of 42 (missed obvious ones like belize and puerto rico, doh!)

78 of 147 for africa (definitely my weakest continent, but pulled togo and senegal out of my a$$).

good stuff! do i win the geography geek award?

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
SkaredShtles said:
You're a geog major and you missed KS/AR? :nuts:

Geezus. There is no hope for our society........

-S.S.-
I'm not really sure what this is supposed to mean. I got one of them wrong (might have been OK, not sure) but I could have figured it out if I had thought about it and not just guessed.

Besides, it's social geography for the most part. It's not like I sit around and memorize zip codes and stuff all day...