Quantcast

Can someone tell me a little about these bikes and if they are good deals?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I'd say they are good deals. Good components, nice wheels etc. Though that trek has an old fork compared to the Santa Cruz.

Are you located near those bikes? Best bet is to actually look at them in person. Check the Trek for any dents.

Personally, I'd take the Santa Cruz over the Trek. But its hard to really judge the bike with the grainy pictures and no close up shots.

Actually, then again if you could haggle the price down on that Trek, it still wouldn't be a bad option. Comes with a better shock, better stem, better seat and tube.

Last edited:

BigBoi

Monkey
Oct 31, 2011
Long Island, NY
I like the Santa Cruz but I'm biased. The Faith is a huge step down.
Do you know what size the V10 is though? I didn't see it mentioned in the add.

Aug 25, 2011
West Milford, NJ, 'MERICA

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
I wouldn't touch the Trek with a 10 foot pole. Great bikes, but super light, meaning NOT super durable. They're full on race bikes, with thin walls. The V10 is a little heavier, but I'd trust it more to last you longer.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
The trek doesn't look as clean or nice as his ad (and price) suggest. I say keep looking, but the v10 looks decent for the price.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I've met the guy selling the Trek. It's a nice ride for sure, and it was mint when I saw him on it. Cane creek and I9s command a decent price tag, but I have to agree that the price is a little high for a pretty well used bike. I know it's been on the market for a while, so why not make him an offer? He might refuse, but FWIW I think he sat out all last season with a broken collarbone. I can't say whether or not the sessions dent as easily as the internet says they do, but I know I wanted one for a long time, and they never lost their resale value...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Also, those are both really high end options, I suggest shooting for something a little bit cheaper or more durable until you really know what you like and don't like....that's just my two cents.