Quantcast

Can i fit 3.0 gazzis on a marz. drop off 2? what is the biggest tire i can slap on(24

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
grasshopper grasshopper grashopper, no you cant, 2.6 is probably gonna be pretty tight but I am sure someone who owns one can tell you for sure.

and why would you want a 3 in the first place?

E

endtroducing

what is your intended application? In 99.99% of riding conditions a 3.0 will only hinder performance, especially on a little bike like an Endless. Marshall says one will fit though, far back in the dropouts. I've never tried. Personally, I run a 1.9" $2 commuter/cruiser tire on mine. Arrow's are probably your best bet for 24" trail tires. Whenever I sprout some cash or get tired of breaking loose in high speed turns, i'll probably grab an Arrow Blitz or Bite LT for the rear.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
hey look at the kenda 24" tires. so far i have had great luck with them i get good traction and very few flats. they come in 2.6"(the kenetic and kolossal that is i don't know the size on the k rad) only though and they do measure up to it.

by the why poobah the kolossal is a great tire for freeriding and such. it is also ok for urban. that i assume is those are the riding styles you are going to be doing.

also to let you know the endless frames that i've seen seem to be very urban park oriented. but i have not ridden one though.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
formerly poobah said:
for a 24 inch endless lifetime
Here's a picture of an Arrow 3.00"x24" prime wide on an '04 Marzocchi z1 fr qr20, all have same lowers, Drop Offs, Z1's, JuniorT's, SuperT's, etc. either qr or qr20.
This tire just barely clears. I just measured a Gazz to be 3.00" actual and the Arrow to be 2.75" actual. So at 1/4" wider the Gazz. won't fit.
Hope this helps. I'll go put my 26" hookworm back on now. Oh somebody asked so, the kenda k-rad is a 2.3" (on my other bike).

Ridge_Rider

Chimp
Apr 12, 2002
East Coast
Can i fit 3.0 gazzis on a marz. drop off 2?

Nope, it won't fit - I've tried it. Someone mentioned the Arrow already, it fits - but just barely and if pressed hard it rubs (a friend has this set up). You better off using either a 2.60 Jr Gazzi or a 2.75 Arrow if you want to go the 24 route with your fork.