Quantcast

Cable cutters in West LA?

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Long story short, the cable lock that I use to lock my bikes up in my apartment has broken. the funny thing is that the lock broke while locked, i cannot get to my bikes. quit laughing, it's not funny. Do any of you monkeys have a cable cutter that I can borrow? the cable is HUGE, 1" in diameter.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
a pair of standard park of shimano cable cutters will go through it........very slowly ;)

jamesdc

Monkey
May 6, 2007
Just go to harbor freight tools and pick up a big pair of bolt cutters or an angle grinder and it will go right through that lock and either option only costs like $20

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
Dude...you should have a top 10 of all the comedic issues that come your way. Just tryin to make good light of it all.:busted:

Jul 7, 2008
i'm pretty sure a dremel will get through that. you might go through several bits before it's cut but it *should* work. you can pick one up at target or walmart for like $20 .. and, as i'm sure you know, it's useful well beyond stealing your own bikes.

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I would get an angle grinder and a cut-off wheel, it will take care of your problem in about 10 seconds. You can get a decent grinder at Home Depot for 30 or a cheapie at Harbor Freight for 10 if you can't borrow one.

Like this:

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
You'd be hard pressed to find bolt cutters that open wide enough and have enough leverage to cut a 1" cable. If you have an electric drill.... buy a cutoff wheel and a matching attachement to fit your drill. Sears, Home Depot, Lowes, and True Value should have it for under $10.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
thanks all. I've been lifting weights so i was able to simply crush the lock and twist the metal like a piece of cooked spaghetti. All the chicks were super impressed and i got laid like 5 times. (ok, i actually borrowed some big-ass bolt cutters but the getting laid part is totally true.)

Fiddy, where you been? you need to come out to the spot.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
thanks all. I've been lifting weights so i was able to simply crush the lock and twist the metal like a piece of cooked spaghetti. All the chicks were super impressed and i got laid like 5 times. (ok, i actually borrowed some big-ass bolt cutters but the getting laid part is totally true.)

Fiddy, where you been? you need to come out to the spot.
:picsstfu: