Quantcast

Burgtec Pedals

Dec 25, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland
Transcend said:
Looks just like an atomlab/cully.
Look like but very much not! They are there own design, refined over the past few years and ridden by some of the UK's finest riders, in fact the company itself is setup and run by some of the finest riders over here. I am not a flat pedal rider myself but if I was these would be high on my list.

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
Don't know of any distributors in the US that carry them yet. Their hubs look nice too. Your best bet to get them would probably be chainreaction cycles in the UK.

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
They look awesome, but will they last ?? It is a lot of money considering the pace I normally walk through pedals....on the other hand...if they last it could be a good investment....

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
I dont doubt that they are high quality, heck they probably are the best pedals you can get. Its just I can get really good pedals for a LOT less than that.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
The Burgtech's are also expensive cause you can replace every part seperately. That way you dont have to buy like 2 new complete platforms when you have one busted axle.
Plus I think quality should be really good on the newer models.
But yes they are epensive. If you like flatpedals and you can get them then 24bicycle's butterfly's are the way to go. Ive been running them on my DH and 4x bike for a couple of years and theyre pretty light and very durable.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
They look a LOT like atomlabs...and if you could get two sets for the same price...why not? Plus service and replacements parts...but no camo :(

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
I have been wanting to try out the 06' atomlab aircorp pedals (no ball bearings), but they are not to be found anywhere. Looks like they will become an 07' product before they will become available.

I did see a pair of red ones on a sponsored riders bike @ crankworks and they are VERY thin. Way thinner than any pedal that i have seen before...

basikbiker

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
Northern Cali
if your gonna spend that much on pedals, why not buy som profile gas pedals? i have had the same pair for years. and i have a pair of specialized mags that are pretty nice and durable.

Mar 3, 2004
England!
My Assault Industries are better :p

I'm not sure if they have a distributer overseas as they are quite a small company.

EDIT: Going to send e-mail to Burgtec for you.

EDIT No. 2: E-mail sent.

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
I've got a pair on my Glory. Bit of a mistake, but the pedals kick ass and seem bombproof. Burgtec sent them to me with no shipping charge, but pedals still extremely expensive.

DH biker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2004
North East
seismic said:
What have you been running untill now ?
BMW Shinburgers... but I have also used A-Frames and Various other pedals...

I like something wide, and something unique doesn't hurt either.

Syncros maybe? How grippy are they?

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
I've run the AtomLabs and the Syncros Mental Ti's. The Mentals are exactly that:mental. Way too sticky. Nearly impossible to adjust your foot once in motion. Add a set of Five.Ten impacts to that and you're on a committed ride.
The Atomlabs were just like any other pedal. I run THESE now, however and I'm continually impressed. The most obvious proof that I like them: I forgot about them until this thread popped up. That's def a good thing. And only 75 bones versus the others. read up on them, you'll be happy. 4 bearings, oversized cro-mo axle, and adjustable spin resistance.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I think LoPros make OK DJ pedals but they're not big enough for me for DH and the grip's not there. I like my Tioga MX Pro pedals a lot, I'd definately recommend 'em. And they're only like $60 for a sealed set.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
nycfreeride possibly?? they are in the same boat but wayy cheaper and everything is replaceable and they are very unique

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Bicyclist said:
I think LoPros make OK DJ pedals but they're not big enough for me for DH and the grip's not there. I like my Tioga MX Pro pedals a lot, I'd definately recommend 'em. And they're only like $60 for a sealed set.

Not big enough? Really? I guess I do have small feet, but they seem to be pretty damn large to me. As for the grip, I used a little loctite and backed the pins out a few turns at the toes and on the sides. The Impacts do their thing, too, which is a LOT. I DO wish they had a few more holes to disperse mud better. That's where the Syncros Mentals are the worlds best pedal hands down. No place for mud to even sit. BUT, the pins were so long that the pedal was actually about 2" thick. Get behind or above the bike too far and the pedal rolled on ya'. THAT'S a nasty shinner.

Another option is the Odyssey Celinski's(spelling?). Cheap and burly as hell with trick color options. Danscomp.com is a good place to check out BMX parts pics.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I like really big pedals. The Tiogas are huge.

I don't ride with 510s so I need the most grip I can get. I think a pair is in my future, though.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
sayndesyn said:
I wonder if they are stronger. I bent the axle on the new Atom Labs.... Sucks, they were a great pedal and no one will sell me just an axle. Fuggers..

oops, didn't realize that. sometimes I think I have a little bend in mine, but I really like the pedals thus far.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
i think i am going to get the new atomlab aircorp pedals, those things are crazy grippy and crazy thin/light

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
The new Atom lab pedals are great. You dont ned to worry about them developing any play as the new DU bush system is full of play straight out the box.