Quantcast

building skills on bmx 20"

mdavid

Chimp
Aug 7, 2002
Simi Valley
GF and I are getting 20" to practice and ride skate parks/ramps. Want to get out to awesome jumps in simi...what do you'all think about the mosh bikes? Keep in mind we have to get two...

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by mdavid
GF and I are getting 20" to practice and ride skate parks/ramps. Want to get out to awesome jumps in simi...what do you'all think about the mosh bikes? Keep in mind we have to get two...
Well if money is an issue than I don't see why they wouldn't perform well enough for starters......D

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
money isn't a huge issue...but combined with our existing six bikes we can't keep getting the coolest things...
understandable....they should be enough for your needs now...but if you really get into BMX then you may find yourself wanting more.....D

mdavid

Chimp
Aug 7, 2002
Simi Valley
Cool. I can't wait for our skills to progress to the point where we can hit the skate parks in whittier and such. What knee pads and such to do folks use? Also are we going to get hassled for having pegs on one side?

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
Cool. I can't wait for our skills to progress to the point where we can hit the skate parks in whittier and such. What knee pads and such to do folks use? Also are we going to get hassled for having pegs on one side?
haha yeah all the lil kids at the park will ask you "can you grind" without ceasing..

Mudpuppy

Monkey
Oct 20, 2001
Port Orchard/Not WSU
Originally posted by allsk8sno

haha yeah all the lil kids at the park will ask you "can you grind" without ceasing..
Hehehehehe, yeah:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No one should make fun of you for only having pegs on one side, lots of people only run pegs on one side. But I took mine off because I didn't want to work on grinding and the kiddies bugging me was getting annoying.

Of course the last time I went to the park I got "can you jump the spine?" I answered "no" the next question was "can you do backflips?" Now why would I be able to do backflips but not jump the little six foot spine?

Anyway go for it bmx is fun. Try to learn some flatland too.

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
Hey Mike...that was the same reason why I got my 20 inch...I'm going to be riding with Jerm soon, he lives pretty close to me. No, no one should hassle you for only putting on pegs on one side. It has to do with what side you can grind on... most people only grind on one side, plus its lighter..after all pegs can be heavy. Let me know when you guys get them and we'll hit up some parks.

Sep 18, 2001
Marin County CA
Nobody will care if you run pegs on one side only. I've also never experienced little kids asking if I can grind. I don't wear any pads other than a helmit when riding parks so I can't really help ya on the pads. Actually one of the benefits of having all the parks around me not allow bikes is I don't have to wear pads.

pot

Chimp
Oct 5, 2001
waikato, New Zealand.
Mosh bikes look good to me even at there bottom of there line. often with bottom line bikes you will bend stuff a lot though so often it is best to go for a full cromo frame and nice cranks, but if you are only going to ride it once a month then cheap is good.
one other bad thing about pegs on only one side is no doubling to and from parties or pogoing stuff

mdavid

Chimp
Aug 7, 2002
Simi Valley
I'm pretty sure these bikes are going to hold up for a while. I cannot say the same about us. Last night we were playing for a little over an hour trying to manual and bunnyhop. Our forearms and backs are so sore. We lift four days a week and bike tons...but dang these little bikes sure are a blast

mdavid

Chimp
Aug 7, 2002
Simi Valley
I'm pretty sure these bikes are going to hold up for a while. I cannot say the same about us. Last night we were playing for a little over an hour trying to manual and bunnyhop. Our forearms and backs are so sore. We lift four days a week and bike tons...but dang these little bikes sure are a blast