Quantcast

Bromont Q's

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
I'm planning on going up to bromont this weekend with about 3-5 other guys. We want to stay at a campground friday, saturday and sunday nights. Any suggestions? Obviously the closer to the mountain the better.

Also what kind of tire setup do you guys reccomend? I have the following tires for my big hit (26/24) 2xMichelin Comp 32 2.8, Michelin Comp 24 2.5, Maxxis Mobster 50d 2.7, Maxxis High Roller 2.35 and 24x2.75, Maxxis Minion 60d 2.5 and 40d 2.7, Intense 909 24x2.5 FRO. What would be the best?

Any other tips? It will be the first time at Bromont for all of us.

DIRTWRKS

Monkey
Aug 13, 2003
Canada EH !
Yeah, Bromont has been pretty dry lately but that can all change quickly.
I like running a Comp 32 up front to soak up all the rocks etc. and either a Comp 24 or 16 out back depending on the conditions.

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
If its dry I'm probably safe with a minion (I would go c24 but it is kinda worn), my rear is limited to either the 909 or the 2.7 highroller since i'm on the big hit (24" rear).

I would really like to get some feedback on campsites though, as that is a much more pressing issue than tire selection.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Can't help on the camping front, I either drive up for the day or stay at a friends outside of Montreal. If you have 3-5 other people going with you why don't you just get a chalet or hotel room? After the exchange rat you'd be looking at like $15 a person for a bed, roof, shower and AC.

tartosuc

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
montreal
I suggest camping velo 2000, you have to reserve in advance.:

1 Boul De Bromont
Bromont, QC
J2L 3C3
Téléphone: (450) 776-3864
(4km from the mountain)

If it's full you can go to.:
camping parc bromont
Téléphone : (450) 534-2712
(3km from the mountain, not as nice as the other one)

Those are the 2 closest places...
Camping velo 2000 is a friendly/quiet place, Camping parc Bromont is like a minitown and is located right by the flea market try to have a place as far as possible from the flea market(the flea market peoples start to setup at 5 am)

Important.: dont try to camp in the parking lot of the mountain... a friend of mine got a 300$ ticket for doing that! :nuts:

As for tire choice.: go for a michelin up front and your high roller at rear, it will work in all bromont condition that you might encounter theses days...

Apr 1, 2002
Freezin my arse off!
Discostu said:
I'm planning on going up to bromont this weekend with about 3-5 other guys. We want to stay at a campground friday, saturday and sunday nights. Any suggestions? Obviously the closer to the mountain the better.

Also what kind of tire setup do you guys reccomend? I have the following tires for my big hit (26/24) 2xMichelin Comp 32 2.8, Michelin Comp 24 2.5, Maxxis Mobster 50d 2.7, Maxxis High Roller 2.35 and 24x2.75, Maxxis Minion 60d 2.5 and 40d 2.7, Intense 909 24x2.5 FRO. What would be the best?

Any other tips? It will be the first time at Bromont for all of us.
I hope you didn't go... A huge lightning storm killed the lifts Friday and most of Saturday....
The lifts didn't start till 3:30PM Saturday... I ended up hiking the mountain a few times to get some runs in...+ the temps were in the high 80s low 90s....
The only saving grace on Sat was the lifts run till 6:30PM...so we still got 3 hours of lift service...

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
Private Joker said:
I hope you didn't go... A huge lightning storm killed the lifts Friday and most of Saturday....
The lifts didn't start till 3:30PM Saturday... I ended up hiking the mountain a few times to get some runs in...+ the temps were in the high 80s low 90s....
The only saving grace on Sat was the lifts run till 6:30PM...so we still got 3 hours of lift service...
Well, I posted yesterday, so i'm talking about this coming weekend (July 9,10,11)

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
I should be able to make my way up on Sunday....hopefully...maybe...we'll see. There are some...uncontrollable factors involved. :angry:

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
DIRTWRKS said:
Hi Chris,

Did you get to ride Bromont on Monday.............. try out the shock?
Not yet. It was tougher than I thought fitting it in the frame. I still have to make a slight adjustment but it should work fine. Although I had to re-route my shifter cables...long story.