Quantcast

Bromont Canada Cup Questions

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
A few quick questions about the Canada Cup race up at Bromont in a couple weeks:

-It's been pretty well established that the powers that be have decided to run the course down the back side of the mountain, for better or worse. My question is: do we still park out front and take the normal lift up to the top, or are there parking spaces and other facilities out back? If so, how do you get there and where do you register?

-Does anyone know how course preparations are proceeding? I know that they're planning to use the same course for this race and the WC in August, so I'm curious as to how insane this course is going to be (I'm having flashbacks to the late '90's when Bromont lost its annual WC race due to the retardedly gnarly course they were using).

-Anyone want to lay odds on the weather being cold and rainy?? :) Last time I raced up there, it was so brutual that I had a guy offer me $200 for my one-piece rain suit . . . and I didn't even consider it.

-Are they planning to just have open practice again this year? That seemed to be a mixed blessing - you get tons of practice runs and it's fun to be ripping down the course the same time as the pros, but sometimes you feel like you've got a target on your back when the world cup guys roost past you.

Looking forward to seeing all you candy-asses up there.

--JP

-

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
A few quick questions about the Canada Cup race up at Bromont in a couple weeks:

-It's been pretty well established that the powers that be have decided to run the course down the back side of the mountain, for better or worse. My question is: do we still park out front and take the normal lift up to the top, or are there parking spaces and other facilities out back? If so, how do you get there and where do you register?

-Does anyone know how course preparations are proceeding? I know that they're planning to use the same course for this race and the WC in August, so I'm curious as to how insane this course is going to be (I'm having flashbacks to the late '90's when Bromont lost its annual WC race due to the retardedly gnarly course they were using).

-Anyone want to lay odds on the weather being cold and rainy?? :) Last time I raced up there, it was so brutual that I had a guy offer me $200 for my one-piece rain suit . . . and I didn't even consider it.

-Are they planning to just have open practice again this year? That seemed to be a mixed blessing - you get tons of practice runs and it's fun to be ripping down the course the same time as the pros, but sometimes you feel like you've got a target on your back when the world cup guys roost past you.

--JP

-
check mondialduvelo.com for info on practice times, etc

as far as i know you can drive around to the back as there is a road that goes to that lift. i imagine the pit area will be moved to that side as well.

as far as the course goes, they have a map of it laid out and have been working on it but no one but the builders have really seen it.

bromont opens on sat. may 3rd so hopefully more info will be coming shortly.

just registered and it is only $50 for three days of riding... take that USAC

as far as the weather, who knows... it is usually beautiful and sunny every weekend before and after the race, but always seems to piss down a monsoon on race weekend

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
I want to pre-register. Is there a Phone number or website to do this at?????

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
mehhhh. Never mind. I figured out that the Quebec cup race at Bromont is the Canada cup as they're on the same dates. Only $36 for me. Cheaper for Canadians????

DIRTWRKS

Monkey
Aug 13, 2003
Canada EH !

--JP

-
Well word has it that the course won't be as knarly as those of old at Bromont, anyways the backside of the mountain does not seem to have the same releif and terrain, it's a little more gently sloping.
Also it seems like World Cup courses these days favour high speed and wide open sections so that's most likely what we will get.

Also there is already talk of cancelling the " non official " Friday afternoon practice runs to save the course from ruin.