Quantcast

Brian Head!!

Darryl

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
ZION
We hit Brian Head yesterday for some early season scouting. With the exception of the numerous downed trees due to the dam beetles and the absolute devastation of Dark Hollow from railing dead trees the mountain looks great. Blow Hard was pristine (*poke* MikeD).

$50 summer season passes rock too, lifts open end of the month. :D

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
mmm, if only it wasn't so far away. Maybe I should look for work in Cedar City or St. George, they're not as wierd as SLC/Ut Valley anyways. mmm if you misspell it brain head then riding at a place called brain head is sure to make you smarter and more likely to get a job, or less as the case may be.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
What can you ride via the lifts?

I'll try and make it out in the fall again...

C_S

Chimp
May 14, 2004
Clovis
Yeah, Brian Head is sweet. Bummer what the beetles have done to the trees though. Dark Hollow wasn't the best of trails anyways. I'll be there over the 4th of July. Can't freaking wait.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I wonder how it compares to Sunrise, it's a litte further, but not a whole lot, and might be fun to do on the 4th...mini-gathering?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
seriously, how are the trails? Lots of drops and jumps? If so, I might want to head out there on the 4th and ride.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
have you been to boulder city? i'd head to boulder city before brian head if you want drops and such, although if you are not bringing a DH bike brian head is certainly a lot of fun.

Joey

Monkey
Feb 8, 2002
West Tennessee
narlus said:
have you been to boulder city? i'd head to boulder city before brian head if you want drops and such, although if you are not bringing a DH bike brian head is certainly a lot of fun.
eh, I'd definitely rather do Brianhead at this time of the year. Boulder City is hot as hell :evil: and the base elevation at Brianhead is darn high . . . MUCH cooler in the summer.

You're right though, Boulder City is MUCH better riding.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
narlus said:
100+ and the rocks radient energy makes it feel like even more.

Maybe I'll go to Sunrise on the 4th if brianhead isn't too crazy...

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
I went to Brian Head back in the winter of 93, after graduation. I had a school mate who grew up in St George. We were there for 7 days. Some of the most fun ive had. We rode There every day, then went to dennys for cheese fries with all the mormons. 30 minute wait at 2am. Who says the mormans cant party! Its cool to see more ski resoprts embracinf lift ops in the summer.