Quantcast

Brakes!

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
So I accidently just bought a Fiesta kit for my BMX. To be fair, I got everything on. I just switched over from a dualcable-gryo set up to a single cable gig. Having the cables snap all the time was getting to be a pain.

In any case, I bought a long bit of linear cable/housing. I put it directly onto my rear fiesta'd 997 tektro brake. Right as it attaches to the arms, I have to bend my housing like crazy. Is there anything I can do to fix this? If I just pull the housing straight, my cable ends up getting thrown out at a really tight angle and then one of the arms on the brake wont move.

VSBJake

Chimp
Jul 21, 2006
NoVa
You need 2 things. Another short cable(staddle cable) and a Yoke Hanger. The fiesta kit is made specifically for tha dia-tech HOMBRE brake; but if it works then more power to ya!

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
Yeah. I accidently bought it because I looking for those included pads, but couldn't find any of the normal pads.

A straddle cable and a yoke hanger? Ah-ha! So instead of directly running the line to the brake, I connect both sides of the break together (changing one of the connecters out) and and use the yoke hanger to attach the main cable to the straddle cable?

I've been out of the bmx game for a long long long long time. I figured I could throw something like those metal V-brake re-router things on, and be good to go.

Thanks! Learning is fun.