Quantcast

Brake adapter question for Foes F1 fork...Help.

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
I installed an older Foes F1 fork on my bike and would like to know what brake or brake adapter I will need. The holes for the brake mount on the fork measure 68mm from center to center. The disc is a Hayes 8" 4 bolt. I previously had a Hope #5 with adapter when I had the WB fork on. I would like to use the Hope if possible. So what do I need to make this work?

Some pics...

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
you will need a hayes caliper half , a very old one actually, 1999 i think

this caliper half will not work with the g2 caliper (ported caliper where you can see the pads from above).

that or youd have to buy something specific for your fork from foes.

on the other hand, now i finally know what that damned adapter i have floating around here is meant for.

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
RD3 said:
I installed an older Foes F1 fork on my bike and would like to know what brake or brake adapter I will need. The disc is a Hayes 8" 4 bolt.
That Hayes rotor must be a 6-bolt that's been modified, don't think Hayes ever made any 4-bolt rotors other than the CODA for the C-Dale lefty, and those have too small a pattern for the Foes hub.

I don't know about Hope, but for 8" Hayes brakes you use the Foes F1 to Int'l Std adapter, then bolt a Hayes 6" IS adapter to that, then the caliper (G1 or G2 I believe, I have G1s).